Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate-esque Thread.

Just for everyone's info: We've decided to take a certain leap of faith- and we're booked to stay at a B&B near Wimbledon Park (so we'll be able to walk to the tournament every day that we do.) We'll be going to the matches starting late Wednesday, June 27th, and leaving to head back to Chicago Friday, July 6th. All are invited to join us for tennis on any day- we've already been in touch with one TAT-ite. This could very well be it for any more vacations this year for us- but, what the heck.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions up to now.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Re: The 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate-esque Thread.

RANDOM bump.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I plan on going for a day or two, but I haven´t heard back on my ballot yet

Through the main Wimbledon ballot, we have scored two Court 1 tickets for Wednesday, July 4th- men's QF day. (.....OK, I'd have preferred a women's day, especially as this'll probably mean I'll get to see Roger lose for the second year in a row, assuming he'll make the QF.....heck, we'll probably mostly watch doubles that day.....) Second time in three years we've gotten tickets through the main Wimbledon ballot- which is amazing luck. AND we still have two shots for tickets through the LTA lottery. SO!!!! excited about all of this- and very grateful for some (albeit NOT exactly free) great luck sent our way. :-)

Smile 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate?

I officially found out a few weeks ago that I'll be media for Wimbledon so I wanted to find out if anyone here on TAT will be around. Would love to say hello. I'm getting to London the week before the tournament begins. If anyone will be around let me know, either in this thread or send me a PM.

Re: 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate?

I'm coming the first week of the tournament with my business partner and our wives. We weren't successful in the lottery so I'm not sure which day(s) yet we're going. If you or anyone else knows of people selling tickets we're all ears!

Hopefully we'll get a chance to say "hello" to you and any other TAT folks.
    On to the grass court season, Wimbledon, and expected riches to be found in Green Acres

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    I'm coming the first week of the tournament with my business partner and our wives. We weren't successful in the lottery so I'm not sure which day(s) yet we're going. If you or anyone else knows of people selling tickets we're all ears!

Hopefully we'll get a chance to say "hello" to you and any other TAT folks.
    Great. Check your messages.

......I don't suppose we can now just combine the two Wimbledon Tailgate threads?!?!? (Also, moderators, please feel free to move this to the RPB Nontennis section, where I should have put this in the first place.)
    Last edited by nelslus; 04-22-2012 at 09:12 PM.

2012 Wimbledon thread already started here : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...d.php?p=715529

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Did it work?

Except, now it's in the wrong Recent Posts Bar

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Through the main Wimbledon ballot, we have scored two Court 1 tickets for Wednesday, July 4th- men's QF day. (.....OK, I'd have preferred a women's day, especially as this'll probably mean I'll get to see Roger lose for the second year in a row, assuming he'll make the QF.....heck, we'll probably mostly watch doubles that day.....) Second time in three years we've gotten tickets through the main Wimbledon ballot- which is amazing luck. AND we still have two shots for tickets through the LTA lottery. SO!!!! excited about all of this- and very grateful for some (albeit NOT exactly free) great luck sent our way. :-)
    You have been so lucky with the ballot!

See you at Wimbledon then.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Got it
    Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGirl View Post
    You have been so lucky with the ballot!

See you at Wimbledon then.
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

Sigh. This thread makes me very happy.

I will be in London June 28th- July 3 and plan on going to Wimbledon 1st Friday, Saturday and 2nd Monday. (It's the queue for me, of course, since my dislike for planning ahead once again kept me from entering the ballot... I need to work on that.)
    Mmmm8 & nelslus- I can't wait to see you guys again! Of course, I love meeting new Tateurs as well, so GVGirl and Waylandboy, I very much hope we can find a way to say hello.

Also, waylandboy: There will be a re-sale for next day's show court tickets on ticketmaster.uk. You'll need patience and luck, but it is worth trying. I think nelslus got show court tickets for 2 additional days that way last year.
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    Sigh. This thread makes me very happy.

I will be in London June 28th- July 3 and plan on going to Wimbledon 1st Friday, Saturday and 2nd Monday. (It's the queue for me, of course, since my dislike for planning ahead once again kept me from entering the ballot... I need to work on that.)
    Mmmm8 & nelslus- I can't wait to see you guys again! Of course, I love meeting new Tateurs as well, so GVGirl and Waylandboy, I very much hope we can find a way to say hello.

Also, waylandboy: There will be a re-sale for next day's show court tickets on ticketmaster.uk. You'll need patience and luck, but it is worth trying. I think nelslus got show court tickets for 2 additional days that way last year.
    Oh yea! It will be great to meet you Tinamarie. You met some of my nethead friends years ago at a US vs Sweden? tie because I remember your photos and some of the netheads took photos with you. Small world as they say.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast