Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: The 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate-esque Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Well, there's always a chance to get tickets for one of the later matches on Center court through the resale window. But expect to spend a couple hours in line for these.

Might as well watch on Henman Hill on the big screen.
    However.....I mean, sure, if you want to see Murray on Center, best get to the line first thing and wait for hours, as the resale doesn't start until I think 5 p.m. or so. BUT, a lot depends on timing, and what match you want to see and which court. We got to see Petra beat Pironkova in their QF on Court 1 a couple of years ago (albeit we got in late, during the second set) and the Sisters beating Mirza and Bethanie last year. (I don't believe we've ever tried to get on Center via the resale option, but I suspect it's also not quite as tough if it's not as much of a marquee match.....)
    Last edited by nelslus; 06-22-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Re: The 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate-esque Thread.

We can't get to stadium courts because we are traveling with a 1-yr old ( Wimbledon policy). I was wondering if the queues would be extra long on Monday because of Fed/Rafa/Murray/Sharapova all playing as opposed to Tuesday. This will be a first trip, so we'd be happy to watch grass court tennis on any outside court.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234