Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The 2012 Wimbledon Tailgate-esque Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    Sigh. This thread makes me very happy.

I will be in London June 28th- July 3 and plan on going to Wimbledon 1st Friday, Saturday and 2nd Monday. (It's the queue for me, of course, since my dislike for planning ahead once again kept me from entering the ballot... I need to work on that.)
    Mmmm8 & nelslus- I can't wait to see you guys again! Of course, I love meeting new Tateurs as well, so GVGirl and Waylandboy, I very much hope we can find a way to say hello.

Also, waylandboy: There will be a re-sale for next day's show court tickets on ticketmaster.uk. You'll need patience and luck, but it is worth trying. I think nelslus got show court tickets for 2 additional days that way last year.
    Thanks for the tip! I will keep you all posted on which day(s) we're there.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I'm in London all first week, but am only going Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Blog Entries

Chances are I'll be in London June 30th-July 3rd. If that is the case, i'll go to Wimbledon on Monday 2nd, so see you there!!!
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Chances are I'll be in London June 30th-July 3rd. If that is the case, i'll go to Wimbledon on Monday 2nd, so see you there!!!
    Ok, guys, see you in Wimbledon on the 2nd, got my tickets today!
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

If anyone will be in London on July 4, please DM me.

BTW, no luck on our first attempt at getting Ticketmaster UK tickets for Thursday.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

I will be at Wimbledon on Wednesday (tomorrow). I think GV Girl, and maybe Nelslus will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    I will be at Wimbledon on Wednesday (tomorrow). I think GV Girl, and maybe Nelslus will be there?
    We'll be there Wednesday late. We arrive that morning, and since neither one of us tends to sleep on planes, we'll crash for a bit and then go in.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

OK....we had to queue and stand around and wait through some of the third set and all of the fourth set of the Del Potro thing.....BUT, yup, we FINALLY got to see Venus play on grass, playing doubles with her Sister on Court 18 for an easy win. Sure, it would have been great to see Peak V at Wimbledon. Still- we are SO!!!!!!! happy about this. :-)

P.S. Just in case anyone was wondering.....I apparently don't handle a near-loss from Roger at Wimbledon really well (and, NO, we weren't at the damned match. NOT that this made me all that much more pleasant.....)

I bet you are having a good time in London anyway, nelslus. Have you managed to get into any of the big courts this year?
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I bet you are having a good time in London anyway, nelslus. Have you managed to get into any of the big courts this year?
    OH, of course we are still having a wonderful time. Wimbledon is my/our lifetime dream vacation (even if perhaps a few "mother****ers" may have flown from my lips today thanks to we-know-who.....)

NO luck with the big courts so far. Ticketmaster UK has been a bust so far for us (albeit, we didn't try today for tomorrow's matches- we just didn't feel like wasting another half an hour typing into a computer....) At least we do have Court 1 on Wednesday thanks to the main Wimbledon ballot- for which we will be able to view men's QF matches with who-the-hell-knows-at-this-point.....

Just posted this on Facebook. Thanks to Ticketmaster UK......WE JUST GOT TWO CENTRE COURT TICKETS FOR TUESDAY- WOMEN'S QF DAY!!!!! Especially with the weather forecast- we are SO excited about this.
    Last edited by nelslus; 07-01-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So awesome, nelslus! And I'm glad you finally got to see Venus at Wimbledon!!

I am still way too exhausted to post much of match reports. BUT, just to post a few notes.....and I'll be narcissistic enough to post this in the Day 7 thread, too.....

VERY fortunately and luckily, my man John, Tina, Manolo and I all snuck into Court 3 and got in the front row.

Petra was DAMNED lucky to get out of her match. Neither Petra or Frannie were all that impressive. Frannie has no one but herself to blame for her loss. She was pretty much the one insisting on sitting around while there was some light drizzle- Petra clearly was willing to keep going. Before this, Petra had blown a set point, and Frannie was two points away from getting to the tiebreaker. However, with this break, she lost all her momentum and acted strangely rattled the whole rest of the match. Petra FINALLY played like Petra in that third set. I suspect that she was also thrown off by being on Court 3, which was a ridiculous and insulting decision. Still, it was SO cool to be able to see this and the next match (SORRY, Moose, for bringing my nelslus jinx into the next match.....) for only 20 pounds.

Make no mistake: Kerber is the most impressive player we've seen so far. While Kim was clearly off, Kerber was very much in the zone. Just played ridiculous tennis, offensively and defensively. Of course, watch her now lose to Sabine 2 & 3.....but, if she keeps playing like that, she could indeed be this year's Petra. (She also looks to have lost some weight.)

Before the rain, we caught the end of Kirilenko and Peng. Happily, the universe did not cease to end out of disgrace.

More later, especially when we get back to Chicago..............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast