Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Predictions : Week of 020612

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Saturday December 24,2011, you are eligible to participate.

We have three events to predict this week. For the WTA, we have Pattaya City and Paris. Also, we have the first round of the Davis Cup for our Bonus category.

WTA BRACKETS

Pattaya City: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ATTAYACITY.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Wednesday at 3 PM local (USA: 3 AM EST - Midnight PST)

Paris: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...12WTAPARIS.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Thursday at noon local (USA: 6 AM EST - 3 AM PST) with 2 freebies

DAVIS CUP BRACKET : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...UP1STROUND.htm Predictions are due before start of play on Friday at 1 PM in Hyogo, Japan (USA on Thursday evening: 11 PM EST - 8 PM PST)

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...12allpicks.htm.
    Last edited by patrick; 02-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Re: Predictions : Week of 020612

All brackets are now available

When's Paris due?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    When's Paris due?
    Official order of play has not been released for Wednesday. However, I foresee that Paris will be due Thursday as 7 first round matches still need to be played.

Paris will be due on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Paris will be due on Thursday
    Do not forget that Paris is due tomorrow

Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I am absolutely awful with deadlines this year, missed Pattaya. College makes these much harder to keep up with.
    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.

Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

Davis Cup is due on Friday (tonight for USA)

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

just did my DC picks - rather have some stupid picks than miss it completely - like I did with FC - arrrrgh

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    just did my DC picks - rather have some stupid picks than miss it completely
    You've just summarized my strategy for every bracket.

(Considering every third player I pick seems to retire or withdraw w/injury, though, I'm thinking of going back to tagging players I dislike. If I'm already this far out of medal contention, I might as well work the jinxes. )

You always seem to remember these deadlines within less than an hour after they've passed...

Or wake up less than an hour after they pass! Like I said a couple weeks ago...Europe is the killer for me as I'll fall asleep early and wake up too late. At least with Australia/East Asia you know you have to do in the evening and go do it right away!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Missed the Davis Cup deadline. I remember a time when I ruled the bonus category