Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

2012 Roland Garros Tailgate

As of right now, I'm planning on attending Roland Garros this year! I haven't decided on the days yet, but definitely one of the middle weekend days and possibly one of the finals. Manolo told me he's going to try for one day during the middle weekend and the men's SFs.

I've already set up an account on the RG website. Tickets go on sale on February 15. Only two weeks away! This year is already flying by. Are there others who are planning/thinking about going?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: 2012 Roland Garros Tailgate

Have a wonderful time!

You've probably already figured this out, but I believe RG still sells exclusive tix for 3 different stadiums (Chatrier, Lenglen, and Court 1), and if you DON'T have a ticket for that arena, you can NOT get in at all (unlike, say, Armstrong or Grandstand at the US Open).

So think about which one you may want, even though you won't know who's scheduled there the day(s) you're attending. Do expect that they'll put at least one Frenchie of note on each one, to satisfy local ticketholders who want to see their countryfolk.

The site is lovely, and only about a 2 block walk from a Metro stop. Back when I went in '93, tix were still sold primarily through a mail lottery, so there were tons of scalpers along that 2-block walk. Also, I do NOT remember much food being sold on-site, but that has probably changed since.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm definitely going, although I don't know which days yet. I want to see Paris for 4 or 5 days and the FO for 4 or 5 days. I'll probably get to Paris around when the tournament starts and fly out the 2nd Tuesday.

At first, I was thinking I might go the first Monday-Thursday (I thought the first Sunday might be too much crowd and too little tennis). If TATers are going to be there, maybe I'll buy a Show Court ticket for one of the weekend days.

Charter Member
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aedra1119 View Post
    As of right now, I'm planning on attending Roland Garros this year! I haven't decided on the days yet, but definitely one of the middle weekend days and possibly one of the finals. Manolo told me he's going to try for one day during the middle weekend and the men's SFs.

I've already set up an account on the RG website. Tickets go on sale on February 15. Only two weeks away! This year is already flying by. Are there others who are planning/thinking about going?
    I will be there! So count me in. I'll be there from qualies until the end.

Blog Entries

As posted by aedra above, I'll be shooting for a couple of days, including the middle weekend, but it all depends on how things go on the 15th when tickets go on sale: if it's something like last year, people will log in very early (meaning 5-6 am) and there will be a couple of hours of waiting to get to the page where you can buy...
    See you in Paris! (If we can't all meet on the courts one day, I guess I'll just throw another party at my place one day so we can all meet!)
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

sonrichard

Hi,

Does anyone the exact time the website opens up? Is midnight (paris time)?

Thanks.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonrichard View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone the exact time the website opens up? Is midnight (paris time)?

Thanks.
    Hey, sonrichard. That's a very good question. I'm not sure. Manolo said above that people were logging in around 5am (Paris time), but I guess it would be good to be ready at midnight just in case. I guess I should be prepared to stay up all night. I'm going to try and get tickets for the first Saturday, and a few days during the first week (most likely Wednesday and Thursday).

nelslus
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

WISH I/we could join you all. We just decided we have to do Wimbledon one more time. I or we will do Roland Garros in the very near future. Have a wonderful time, everyone.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, BABY!!!!!!!!

sonrichard

the site still says it on maintenance...

Stressful...

Blog Entries

how did it go for you?
    I logged in at 7h20 and it was telling me there were 2+ hours of wait, but next time I looked 45 minutes later, I was in. Scored tickets for Ceter Court (Chatrier) on Sunday 3rd and Tuesday 5th.

They seriously limited the number of tickets you can get, so maybe tickets will last a little longer this time if you're flexible on dates and courts.
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

sonrichard

Hey,

Scored Centre court for June 5th and June 6th.

First grand slam event ever for me...

I'm a huuuuuuuugggggeee rafa fan and just want to see him in person. And would like to also see Fed play.

Sounds like you've been to a lot of tournament... Have you ever gotten an autograph? any tips?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I had about the same experience as you, manolo. I logged on at 1am and the site said a 2+ hour wait, but I was in in about 40 minutes. I bought tickets for Court 1 on the first Wednesday and Thursday and Lenglen for Saturday, June 2! Since we have tickets on different days we definitely need to have a meet up somewhere in Paris!

Sonrichard, from past experience, I've found the best way to get autographs is to be around the practice courts. The players are most approachable when they finish a practice session, imo.

Charter Member
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Bumping. Anyone else going to Roland Garros?

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So I didn't buy anything in advance (flexibility a must on this trip). Thinking about all 4 qualie days then checking out Amsterdam and Paris before leaving. Q: anyone know anything about scalpers?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    So I didn't buy anything in advance (flexibility a must on this trip). Thinking about all 4 qualie days then checking out Amsterdam and Paris before leaving. Q: anyone know anything about scalpers?
    I remember there being PLENTY of them on the road between the closest Metro stop and the actual entrance to the tourney. But this goes back to 2003.

Does their website say they're sold our for any weekdays you'll be there?
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast