Congratulations, mysterX!

MysterX has won the 2012 Australian Open You Can't Win Jack contest! He finished with 63 points, 10 more than his closest competition, courtesy of Anna Chakvetadze. She was the women's wooden spoon winner, and he was the only contestant to pick an ultimate loser on either side. He earned 48 points from that pick, and only 15 from his other 7. Chakvetadze lost to Jelena Dokic in the first round, who lost to Marion Bartoli in the second round, who lost to Jie Zheng in the third round, who lost to Sara Errani in the fourth round, who lost to Petra Kvitova in the quarterfinals, who lost to Maria Sharapova in the semifinals, who lost to Victoria Azarenka in the final.

Irena2 took second place with 53, and was a win from Sharapova away from first. She led the contingent of contestants who picked Irena Pavlovic and almost cashed in on it.

Charlie02123, though out of the contest after Nadal beat Berdych in the quarterfinals, finished in third with 51.

Vexchaps couldn't quite get the win from Nadal in the final that he needed to tie mysterX. He finished tied for fourth.

Gilles Muller ended up as the men's wooden spoon winner. He was embarrassed by Mardy Fish, who got shocked by Alejandro Falla, who came back down to earth against Philipp Kohlschreiber, who got blasted off the court by Juan Martin Del Potro, who was stymied by Roger Federer, who failed yet again to solve his Rafael Nadal riddle, who was outlasted in the longest final by Novak Djokovic.

Thank you to Omegadoom for helping me yet again with this contest. I always appreciate it, and I feel the contest would not be as high-quality without you.

Thank you to every contestant for playing, and we hope to see you again at Roland Garros in May!
    Go Pack Go!

Re: Congratulations, mysterX!

Thanks for another great contest, and congratulations mysterX! (We'll be back in May...)

Thanks Irena2, and thanks to Tog and the other contest staff.

I've managed to win this contest twice, and both times I came from behind with my number 1 player winning the Wooden Spoon. Can I just say, for the record, what a terrific idea it was to introduce bonus points for getting the Wooden Spoon winner.

Well done, mysterX!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations! Your medal has been awarded!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Congratulations, mysterX
    Petra Kvitova : 2011 & 2014 Wimbledon Champion

Way to go mysterX!

A big thank you to Tog for running this contest once again, and doing a great job! Always fun assisting you!