Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

AMitS '12: The Scores

Thank you for your patience After a lot of things went wrong, waylandboy-tw came to the rescue and now we have some scores to show you!

After the first week, there are just two teams that have managed to score over 1100 points, with TennisAnyone74 taking the lead! :yayness: A close second is omegadoom, with Oploskoffie over a hundred points back in third. Well done!

Expect quite a few changes after week 2, as several teams opted not to go all-out in week 1, but tried for a decent spread and perhaps a good trade or two prior to the Australian Open.

Out of the 26 players who entered, 22 are left after some teams had the wrong Category A-E balance. Please let this be a reminder for future contests to check and double check the teams you post!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Re: AMitS '12: The Scores

The score for week 2 are in! And we have two new names in the top-3, with ptmcmahon taking the lead after some impressive scoring! Leaping into second is Omess, with Oploskoffie remaining third. Charlie02123 has week 2's third highest score. Congrats! :auspom:

If you have yet to trade, or feel like changing a trade or trades made this week, then there is still time! Deadline is at the start of play of the Australian Open; regardless of what happens with the weather!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Not bad considering one of my trades was for Isner.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Thumbs down Re: AMitS '12: The Scores

We have three medalists to congratulate!! :auspom:

After lurking behind the three leaders in fourth position at the start of the Australian Open, now four-time (!) TAT Fantasy Tennis Competition winner shtexas made his final leap onto the gold medal podium with the third highest score for the final two weeks taking him over 200 points clear of our silver medalist: Togtdyalttai! And our bronze medalist, who managed to overtake the last of week 2's top-3 by 30 points (again proving that nothing is over at the halfway stage ) is Synth! Congratulations; well played! Shiny digital medals will be added to your profiles a.s.a.p.!

To the rest of this edition's players: great to have you take part, and we hope to see you here again next year. But first, there's a whole season to get through, continuing with our second Fantasy Tennis Competition: Around the World!

Now, finally, there are no official sponsors to thank, but in the case of AMitS a BIG thank you for waylandboy is in order. He pretty much took over the scoring of this competition from week 1, and has done a great job the whole way through, keeping everything up-to-date and correct. I'll limit the PDA, but hey... And my apologies for not being around as much as usual the past couple of weeks. That will not happen again

Congrats to the winners!
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Doh...was even close to medaling then I thought! Congrats to the winners though...wish I had kept Azarenka...I'll write it off as me bringing her luck by trading her out.

I got a medal? I thought I was horrible at fantasy tennis, and I gave up on this contest.
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    I got a medal? I thought I was horrible at fantasy tennis, and I gave up on this contest.
    You heard him!

I direct you to TAT Contest Bylaws, Section II, Paragraph 5, Sentence Three:

In the event that a medalist stopped paying attention to the contest and thusly did not expect to medal, said medal shall be reallocated to the contest's 16th place finisher.
    Dry, I like my medals wrapped in the funny papers. Thanks.
    Last edited by Charlie02123; 01-31-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Doh...was even close to medaling then I thought! Congrats to the winners though...wish I had kept Azarenka...I'll write it off as me bringing her luck by trading her out.

my no trade costed me a medal

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Damned if you do...damned if you don't I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    You heard him!

I direct you to TAT Contest Bylaws, Section II, Paragraph 5, Sentence Three:

Dry, I like my medals wrapped in the funny papers. Thanks.
    Go Pack Go!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I almost didn't play. Instead, I get my first medal in two years. Oddly enough, at the same fantasy event.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to the winners! Your medals have been awarded!