Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Regurgitated stardust oploskoffie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down AMitS '12: The Melbourne Lake Lounge

Welcome, one and all, to the FIFTH! annual edition of A Month in the Sun!! :auspom: This is where TAT's Fantasy Tennis season gets started, and we get the chance to get rid of that off-season rustiness and, perhaps, get an idea of where 2012 will be headed.

For those of you who are new to the game, or perhaps even to TAT: as many people can enter as they like. One team per person, though And by all means: mingle! Get to know the other players, find out what makes them tick, discuss the tournaments, complain about on-court clothing choices and get a drink (or two, or more if you have a Bondarenko sister on your team) from our resident bartender.

Here's wishing all of us the best of luck! And, from last year's thread, here's a little reminder of what to expect Allez!

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    Heading into the first 2010 fantasy tennis contest, here are a few trends I’ve noticed from past contests I expect to continue:

All 12 players on Patrick’s team will be playing the first week. Others may follow this strategy as well, but this is a guarantee.

Peterskan may enter a team, and if he does he will say when he posts it “I probably won’t make any trades” and will disappear to the arcade until he rolls everyone again in the YCWJ.

Dry will say each week, “I don’t know why I’m even in these contests, what’s the point”. Meanwhile he will curiously be ascending in the standings on his way to the medal stand. Of course he could make an illegal trade and pull the plug at anytime too!

Madame will go heavy on the francs, Moose on German men and Belgian women, and e11even will have his share of the Spainards.

Ptmcmahon will post at least once that “He should have stuck with his original thinking” and that he will “now have to take some chances”.

Miles will post his team in the final hour (minutes) after careful study of everyone else’s team and surely win yet another medal. Of course TATi version 2.0 is the only hope for the rest of us in the future if it becomes the tool of choice for fantasy tennis contests.

Good luck everyone and looking forward to a great 2010 with all of you!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar

Re: AMitS '12: The Melbourne Lake Lounge

So when's the first tournament? I'm working New Year's weekend with likely nothing to do ... so hoping it's not before then Not ready to turn my brain back on yet!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Blog Entries

The first tournaments start on the 1st of January, local times With a minor change in format including some of the (potential) qualifiers, the deadline will be the earliest start of play for that day. So, really, anybody not living in or near Australia will want te get their team posted before 2012!

Blog Entries

For those of you who noticed rising Dutch star Thomas Schoorel amongst the W&H players: he had to be replaced. Thomas will be out of action for at least another five weeks with a shoulder injury he picked up during the fall swing.

Was he your hopeful?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Was he your hopeful?
    I was torn between three players, actually. Two hopefuls (of which Thomas was one) and one wildcard candidate. So, in a way, this helps

Blog Entries

I'm liking the addition of the Wild Cards and Hopefuls category, even though it will be tough to get any points out of them before the Australian Open. But a shame you didn't include Vasek Pospisil among the possible selections. He's someone that could make some noise.

Yay...Wawrinka has a bye...I'm counting that as my first win!

nevermind...too late, got it now. Happy New Year!
    Last edited by billytall; 12-31-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Whew...I had written off Daniela already and was preparing a big rant about looking at head to head before I checked and saw she came back to win.

Blog Entries

We start off the competition with 23 teams; we had 26 entries, but three teams did not meet the requirements, leaving them out of the competition for the first week. I've sent PM's explaining the situation and options, so hopefully we'll be up to 26 again at the start of week 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    I'm liking the addition of the Wild Cards and Hopefuls category, even though it will be tough to get any points out of them before the Australian Open. But a shame you didn't include Vasek Pospisil among the possible selections. He's someone that could make some noise.
    Pospisil eyh? Upon closer inspection, he does seem like a good option for the category Well, that's a shame and something to keep in mind, should we continue with this new category in this and/or other competitions.

Glad you like the addition of W&H. Anyone else like/dislike the new addition?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billytall View Post
    nevermind...too late, got it now. Happy New Year!
    Happy new year, indeed, Billy! :yayness:

*shaking head at Stosur*

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Looks like I pretty much blew this event. When the wta is involved in fantasy tennis, I choke.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast