Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Re: Eurovision 2012: Baku

United Kingdom: Engelbert would be the oldest winner ever, but I think his music is just too outdated for most of the ESC fanbase.
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 04-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Russia: Ah, the Babushki. How people think they'll win is beyond me. True, Russia has a huge bloc voting deal going for it, but this isn't the song that's going to take them to the top. In fact, if they do win, I'll upload a YouTube video of me doing their dance.
    Go Pack Go!

So, that ends my recap of songs overrated by the oddsmakers. Next I'll start the songs I think could win. There's only five of them this year as opposed to ten last year. Last year was just so much more wide open.
    Go Pack Go!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

mahjong Champion, 9 Dragons Hexa Champion, Great Mahjong: Classic Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion morct's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    Russia: Ah, the Babushki. How people think they'll win is beyond me. True, Russia has a huge bloc voting deal going for it, but this isn't the song that's going to take them to the top. In fact, if they do win, I'll upload a YouTube video of me doing their dance.
    We will definitely hold you to that promise!!

Romania (Bet 365 odds: 33/1, My Odds: 50/1)

If this were a televoting contest early, this song would be my favorite to win. However, the jury factor will probably shoot it down, just as it came close to doing in Romania's national final. I'll give it a puncher's chance though.

Zaleilah Official Video
    Go Pack Go!

Are you serious? In my opinion it's rubbish televoting or no...

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Are you serious? In my opinion it's rubbish televoting or no...
    Like I said, I think it's a long-shot, but I do think it has a slight chance. It's bound to be a popular summer song all over Europe no matter how well it does at ESC.
    Go Pack Go!

I think the Babushki can absolutely win, and I think Germany has no shot at the bottom five. He's just too into dreamy camera gazing to let Europe do that to him.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Iceland (Bet 365 odds: 20/1, My odds: 25/1)

Iceland is a country that has produced a number of good songs, most notably the one below, but has never won. This song's a bit of a wild card in my mind. Although I could see it winning with a great performance and a great draw, I could also see it in the bottom 10 of the final. A lot of things would have to go right for it to win, but I do think it could happen.

Yohanna - Is It True?
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 04-29-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Serbia (Bet 365 Odds: 14/1, My Odds: 10/1)

Zeljko Joksimovic has a history of Eurovision success. In 2004, he came in second with Lane Moje, finishing behind only what is in my mind one of the best Eurovision songs in history in Wild Dances. Lane Moje and Nije Ljubav Stvar are very similar songs, and I foresee similar success.

Serbia and Montenegro 2004 - Zeljko Joksimovic - Lane Moje
    Go Pack Go!

Italy (Bet 365 Odds: 7/1, My Odds: 8/1)

Last year, Italy came in second with a mediocre song, shown below. Can they take a slightly better one this year to the top? That logic usually doesn't work in Eurovision, but maybe it will here. Maybe Italy's just going to be a vote-funnel after its comeback to Eurovision after an 11-year hiatus.

Although I do think there's a good chance of this song winning, I also think there's one that it could flop and finish in the bottom half of the final. I also still think Per Sempre would've fared better than L'Amore Femmina.

Raphael Gualazzi - Madness of Love
    Go Pack Go!

Be sure to take a look at the poll and vote for your favorite song: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=20607
    Go Pack Go!

Sweden (Bet 365 Odds: 2/1, My Odds: 1/3)

Although there are things that can go wrong, I have to say that this is the surest winner since Alexander Rybak's Fairytale in 2009. It has a great performance, and it stands out next to any other song. It's a near-unanimous fan-favorite, and it should be a jury-favorite as well. For comparison's sake, have a look at the highest-scoring song in Eurovision history below.

Alexander Rybak - Fairytale
    Go Pack Go!

I was in a minority who prefered the runner up song...

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I was in a minority who prefered the runner up song...
    Sort of. Most fans preferred Iceland. I'd take 09's 3rd and 4th places, Azerbaijan and Turkey, over both of them.
    Go Pack Go!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast