Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Eurovision 2012: Baku

Italy

Italy's national final featured a lot of old guys singing. Naturally, that resulted in a selection of the prettiest woman in the contest so far. Her song, however, is nothing special for me. The song itself starts at 1:25, if you want to skip the hosts' introduction.

Italy: Nina Zilli--"Per Sempre"
    Go Pack Go!

Georgia's national final is tomorrow, so this flood of songs won't be stopping just yet.
    Go Pack Go!

Georgia

Georgia's song is very repetitive and very annoying, and I don't think I ever want to hear it again. They also apparently don't know how to spell.

Georgia: Anri Jokhadze--"I'm a Jocker"
    Go Pack Go!

Next up is Turkey with a song announcement on Wednesday.
    Go Pack Go!

Totally random: Georgia and Denmark have the best designed flags among all nations.

Turkey

Turkey selected a unique and slightly comical song. It sounds to me like the singer is drunk, but that might just be me. I think it's supposed to be a drunken sailor's song though, so he might be trying for that. I have no clue how this song will do, but I kind of like it.
    Turkey: Can Bonomo--"Love Me Back"
    Go Pack Go!

Next up are Austria and Ireland on Friday. Israel and Montenegro's songs have also been leaked, but I won't post them until they've been officially announced.
    Go Pack Go!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    Next up are Austria and Ireland on Friday. Israel and Montenegro's songs have also been leaked, but I won't post them until they've been officially announced.
    I've seen the 5 contenders for the Irish entry, varying from Jedward again to a druidic ballad. I'd say Jedward will represent us again.

Belarus

Belarus scrapped their original selection and chose a new song. This one is quite a bit better than the first, but it's still not very good.

Belarus: Litesound--"We are the Heroes"
    Go Pack Go!

Austria

Austria's song is somewhat of a joke, but I have to say it's a good one. It's about the opposite of their selection last year. Its title translates to "Shake Your A**" and it includes such lyrics as "your a** has an opinion". Oh, and the band's name is Trackshittaz. I think that says about enough.

Austria: Trackshittaz--"Woki Mit Deim Popo"
    Go Pack Go!

Ireland

Jedward were indeed selected for the second straight year, Morct. Their song this year isn't as good as last year's was though, and it doesn't really seem to fit them. They have the same kind of jump-all-over-the-place dance moves and that doesn't really fit as well to this song as it did to last year's either. I have to say I don't see them doing as well this year; they definitely won't be in the top 10 and possibly won't even making the final.

Ireland: Jedward--"Waterline
    Go Pack Go!

Tomorrow Finland will have their national final.
    Go Pack Go!

I've got some catching up to do, but let me just say that I am beyond obsessed with the Ukrainian dancers.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Finland

Finland selected a song in Swedish. That's not that surprising, since there is a large Swedish minority there, large enough that Swedish is even an official language. It's a pretty good song I think, but I could see it either crash out in the semifinals or make the top 10 just as easily. If you don't like it, just be thankful that this song, which probably came in second, didn't win.

Finland: Pernilla Karlsson--"När Jag Blundar"
    Go Pack Go!

Tomorrow both Slovenia (my favorite from last year) and the Netherlands will select their songs. Let's take a moment to reminisce about last year's best song.

Maja Keuc--"No One"
    Go Pack Go!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast