Agree Agree:  55
Likes Likes:  63
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11263233343536

Re: Techno-babble Random Random

Eric Geller‏Verified account @ericgeller 46s47 seconds ago
    More
    Bipartisan group of 36 senators ask DOJ, SEC, and FTC to investigate Equifax execs' post-data-breach stock sales.

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Eric Geller‏Verified account @ericgeller 46s47 seconds ago
    More
    Bipartisan group of 36 senators ask DOJ, SEC, and FTC to investigate Equifax execs' post-data-breach stock sales.

Well, that's nice.

I'm tellin' ya, technology is outpacing its ability to be secured. I've been saying that for years. And it's unfortunate that individuals really have no say in where their personal information is stored.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

That is the reason I never even put my name in any site. Even for our TAT FF league I left my name out.
    I read a great article about the fact that a lot of the data cannot be changed (like a password) because it is YOUR DATA: birth date, name, address (what are you going to do, move?), SSN, etc. It is getting to a point that having your money in a pit in your backyard is getting to be a good option.

The guys from Equifax should go to prison. If that is not trading based on insider information, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-12-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    Starry starry night

Eric Geller‏Verified account @ericgeller 31s31 seconds ago
    More
    BREAKING: DHS directs federal agencies to identify any use of Kaspersky software and prepare to stop using it.

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    That is the reason I never even put my name in any site. Even for our TAT FF league I left my name out.
    I read a great article about the fact that a lot of the data cannot be changed (like a password) because it is YOUR DATA: birth date, name, address (what are you going to do, move?), SSN, etc. It is getting to a point that having your money in a pit in your backyard is getting to be a good option.

The guys from Equifax should go to prison. If that is not trading based on insider information, I don't know what is.
    With all the satellite technology I'm not convinced keeping your money in a backyard pit would be secure.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Tripp Mickle‏Verified account @trippmickle 38s38 seconds ago
    Face ID has its New Yorker moment

Facebook to turn over thousands of Russian ads to Congress, reversing decision
    By Carol D. Leonnig and Craig Timberg September 21 at 3:31 PM

Facebook has decided to turn over to Congress copies of more than 3,000 online political advertisements bought through Russian accounts during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, reversing a decision that had frustrated Capitol Hill investigators, company officials said Thursday.

The company had previously shown some of the ads to investigators but taken back copies before they could be studied carefully, citing concerns over user privacy at the time. Facebook has reversed that position amid rising complaints from Capitol Hill that the company was not cooperating fully with its investigation.

Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg was scheduled to announce the decision on Facebook Live Tuesday afternoon, citing what the company called “an extensive legal and policy review.” The company concluded that it was “vitally important” to cooperate fully with Congress and that the company could do so in a way that didn’t endanger user privacy, according to a blog post by Facebook General Counsel Colin Stretch.

“We believe the public deserves a full accounting of what happened in the 2016 election, and we’ve concluded that sharing the ads we’ve discovered, in a manner that is consistent with our obligations to protect user information, can help,” Stretch said.

The blog post also said that “all relevant companies and industries” need to provide access to crucial information and documents.

“We want to do our part,” said Stretch in his blog post.

The Facebook ads were bought, through fake accounts, by the Internet Research Agency, a shadowy troll farm based in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Congressional investigators had also complained that they wanted more cooperation from Google and Twitter, both of which carried what independent investigators have concluded was substantial amounts of poltical propaganda on their platforms, some of it emanating from Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...e&deferJs=true

Trump Supporters Quietly Built A Massive List With The Personal Information Of Thousands Of People
    The list began traveling the dark corners of the internet around April as a scattered collection of names, addresses, phone numbers and social media accounts. It's now a massive organized database of thousands of people.

Posted on September 21, 2017, at 1:15 p.m.
    Ryan Broderick
    BuzzFeed News Reporter

On Thursday, a 4chan user linked to a massive pastebin document in a thread called "ANTIFA GETS DOXXED".

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...t-quality=auto

The pastebin file has been traveling around the internet since at least April. It started as a scattered collection of names, phone numbers, addresses, and social media accounts of about 3,000 people and now, months later, it's grown into a massive organized database of apparently thousands more.

The sprawling document, which is still up, opens with text reading, "someone hacked Antifa, [sic] and got the entire list of people available for antifa activities."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesth...az1#.tiY9rjEg8

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    With all the satellite technology I'm not convinced keeping your money in a backyard pit would be secure.
    And anyway, our dogs would dig it up some night, eat some of it and spread the rest of it thinly around the yard, maybe even passing some of it through the fence to their buddies, the dogs that live next door, so that they could eat and play with it, too.

Not a great option for us. GH

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11263233343536