Likes Likes:  131
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 156590105111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1739
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Television Random, Random Scripted/NonScripted

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I think with part 7 of Twin Peaks, things are starting to come together.
    As soon as I say that, comes a pure Lynchian episode. But, I couldn't look away.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

This one was a miss for me. I could barely watch it, mostly because it was so noisy.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

I watched the season finale's of S1 of "American Gods" and S1 of "Preacher" back to back. The new season of Preacher started last night. I am not a masochist.

I'd read "American Gods" and I don't think it would be easy to follow if you haven't. I haven't read "Preacher".
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    This one was a miss for me. I could barely watch it, mostly because it was so noisy.
    I certainly don't need to see it again. But, the part in the mansion was pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

This is a list I made up for the TV forum I'm on that I thought I'd share here. This is renewal, episode order, and cancellation news for shows so far for the 2017-2018 season. It's not an exhaustive list, but it's contains all network and most cable show announcements, and most popular streaming shows. By far what's missing the most is news about smaller Netflix shows.

ABC
    The Middle - 2 extra episodes for its final season
    Good Doctor - full season
    Blackish- 2 extra episodes
    American Housewife - 2 extra episodes
    Grey's Anatomy - 2 extra episodes
    Kevin (Probably) Saves the World - 3 extra episodes
    The Mayor - cancelled
    Ten Days in the Valley - cancelled

NBC
    The Night Shift - cancelled
    Marlon - renewed
    The Good Place - renewed

CBS
    Young Sheldon - full season
    Seal Team - full Season
    Ransom - renewed for Season 2
    Salvation - renewed for Season 2
    SWAT - full season
    9JKL - additional episodes ordered
    Wisdom of the Crowd - cancelled
    Elementary - 8 episodes added to Season 6
    Zoo - cancelled
    Me, Myself & I - pulled, basically cancelled

FOX

The Orville - renewed
    Star - additional episodes added
    Ghost - six more episodes added
    The Gifted - renewed
    9-1-1 - renewed

CW
    Dynasty - full season

USA
    Mr. Robot - renewed for season 4
    Shooter - renewed for season 3
    Playing House - cancelled

HBO
    Room 104 - renewed
    BoJack Horseman - renewed
    The Deuce - renewed
    Big Little Lies - second season coming
    Curb Your Enthusiam - returning for a 10th season
    Game of Thrones - ends with 6-episode, 8th and final season

Showtime
    I'm Dying Up Here - renewed
    Ray Donovan - renewed
    Shameless - renewed

Netflix
    American Vandal - renewed for Season 2
    Big Mouth - renewed
    Atypical - renewed
    Chelsea Handler talk show - cancelled
    Mindhunter- renewed for Season 2
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 - renewed for season 2
    The Punisher - renewed for Season 2
    Stranger Things - renewed for Season 3

Other
    Preacher (AMC) - renewed
    Will (TNT) - cancelled
    Vikings (History) - renewed
    Killjoys (SyFy) - renewed
    The Mist (Spike) - cancelled
    Better Things (FX) - renewed
    You're the Worst (FXX) - renewed for 5th and final season
    Nashville (CMT) - ending after 6th season
    The Fosters (Freeform) - ending after 5th season
    I Love Dick (Amazon) - cancelled
    One Mississippi (Amazon) - cancelled
    White Famous (Showtime) - cancelled
    Difficult People (Hulu) - cancelled
    Lopez (TV Land) - cancelled
    Grown-ish (Freeform) - renewed

Jeffrey Tambor Officially Out At ‘Transparent’ After Harassment Claims

More than three months after first being accused of sexual harassment on the set of Transparent, Jeffrey Tambor is now officially off the Amazon series. While it remains unclear whether the upcoming fifth season of the Emmy-winning Jill Soloway-created show will be its last, it is clear that Tambor will not be part of the new season.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/jeffrey-...on-1202290473/
    Last edited by JazzNU; 02-15-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Maybe you've watched, but may I recommend Nanette on Netflix. It's "stand-up" from Hannah Gadsby.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Maybe you've watched, but may I recommend Nanette on Netflix. It's "stand-up" from Hannah Gadsby.
    My sister is pushing me to watch it too. I shall check it out
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anyone plan to watch RENT: Live Sunday night (in the U.S.)? I'm very excited about it. Which means I will probably be sorely disappointed. That's just how this usually works.

I'll be watching, I basically always watch them. I'm not super optimistic about this one, but I've been thinking it may not be as bad as I was initially expecting when they announced the cast. I just really hope they don't blow this. More than basically all the other musicals, they need to nail this.

And I need FOX to stop promoting this as 20 Years Later. RENT fans know when it premiered, they need to cut that out.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the fact that I only know two of the cast members (Jordan Fisher and Tinashe). I'm sure I am supposed to know the others, but I don't.

I am excited because I have never seen an iteration of Roger that I really liked. Maybe this one will finally work for me. I'm not sure about Jordan as Mark. I'll know when "La Vie Boheme" is over. I have very high hopes for Tinashe as Mimi. The "I'll Cover You (reprise)" is one of my favorite parts of the musical, so I am excited about that.

But for me, it pretty much boils down to Maureen and Joanne's "Take Me Or Leave Me"... Not sure anyone will ever be able to top the Tracie Thoms/Idina Menzel version of this from the movie (studio recorded).

And how well the Joanne and Mimi characters vocally pull off the "I'd be happy to die for a taste of what Angel had. Someone to live for, unafraid to say 'I love you'" lyric. Vocally, it is a killer. And it is almost never done well.

EDIT: And also VERY excited to see this Valentina as Angel--and the "Without You" duet. Oh, and of course the finale, which always has the potential to be one of the greatest moments in music.

Okay, then we are similarly picky here. I'm not as big of a RENT fan as others in that I haven't seen it 50 times and don't know every single beat and gesture in the musical. But I love it and know it enough and so I'm aware my reaction to this may be a touch unreasonable.

And I'm not sure what will work here and what won't, I have a guess on some, but there is only one person here who I consider a slam dunk, so anything has the potential to problematic to me. I saw a promo and it made me feel better about this production as I was watching it, and then the final second of the promo played and it totally hit me wrong, and I was like, ugh, this is going to be a disaster. LOL!

I'll say this much, as is the case with most Broadway musicals, I can forgive a lot if they nail the songs. I'm not sure I'll be as forgivable here, but still, I'm positive if certain ones, and even more specifically, certain notes, get messed up, I'll wonder why they ever started production.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Well, you have to divulge in advance who you think is the slam dunk!

Brandon Victor Dixon is playing Tom Collins (Jesse L. Martin's role for those who aren't as familiar with the musical). I trust Brandon to give a good or even great performance. I put a lot of stock in Broadway and stage experience rather than just acting or singing experience, so I'm always a bit iffy on some of the people they bring in for these. More often than not, those without stage experience seem to struggle more, their talent not necessarily translating well to the stage. But hopefully I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Brandon Victor Dixon is playing Tom Collins (Jesse L. Martin's role for those who aren't as familiar with the musical). I trust Brandon to give a good or even great performance. I put a lot of stock in Broadway and stage experience rather than just acting or singing experience, so I'm always a bit iffy on some of the people they bring in for these. More often than not, those without stage experience seem to struggle more, their talent not necessarily translating well to the stage. But hopefully I'm in for a pleasant surprise.
    Brandon Victor Dixon was incredible in the live Superstar. I co-sign this for sure. (IMO Superstar is the gold standard by far for all of these live TV performances so far.)

We'll be watching. I don't have huge expectations for this, and will probably still end up being disappointed. John and I are fairly mid-range Rent fans- we've seen it a few times. And, LOL, Valentina just got voted out of Rupaul's Drag Race, and while I don't hate Valentina by any means as too many do, it did make me happy that she got voted out, and I am OK if Valentina ends up sucking.*

*IT would also be great if Valentina can pull this off. Still very, very proud that Peppermint made it to Broadway.
    Last edited by nelslus; 01-26-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 156590105111112113114115116 LastLast