Agree Agree:  44
Likes Likes:  137
Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789153055105 ... LastLast

Re: Television Random, Random Scripted/NonScripted

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post
    I'm glad it looks like we will be seeing more of Mike Chang. His story last night could have been good if it wasn't resolved in all of about 10 minutes. Typical of Glee to rush things, though.
    I just had a random flash of Michael Chang on an episode of Glee.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

NBC has put "Community" and "Prime Suspect" on hiatus. There's already an online petition to keep "Community" on the air.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

I'm addicted to the British scifi show "Misfits". I went through the first two seasons in no time while convalescing.
    I hope the US doesn't try and remake it although the US version of "Shameless" is much better than the British original.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I'm addicted to the British scifi show "Misfits". I went through the first two seasons in no time while convalescing.
    I hope the US doesn't try and remake it although the US version of "Shameless" is much better than the British original.
    Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl) is writing a pilot episode with the creator of the UK version. Would need to be significantly toned down/re-imagined to find a home on network TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantès View Post
    Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl) is writing a pilot episode with the creator of the UK version. Would need to be significantly toned down/re-imagined to find a home on network TV.
    The thing is "Misfits" is better suited to cable. I think "Shameless" is on Showtime here in the States. I'm thinking Schwartz will turn the show into "Gossip Girl" with miscreants. I mean can Kelly even translate to American network television? Nathan? Any of them?

The thing is "Misfits" is better suited to cable. I think "Shameless" is on Showtime here in the States. I'm thinking Schwartz will turn the show into "Gossip Girl" with miscreants. I mean can Kelly even translate to American network television? Nathan? Any of them?
    I agree. It would be a better fit on cable where, even though they would (or should) still have to adjust for cultural differences, it wouldn't have to be completely watered down. The worst thing they could do would be to sanitize it, but still stick with the same character types.

If people found 'Skins' to be controversial then I think they'll have many issues with this program
    Last edited by Edmond Dantès; 11-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.

I got through about ten minutes of UK "Skins" and didn't care for it but that has to do with my age I think.

The people behind US "Shameless" have done a great job making the Gallagher's into a dysfunctional American family with Emmy Rossum, William Macy and the rest of the ensemble avoiding the trap of stereotyping that so many American shows fall into when showing members of the lower class.

I'm not sure Schwartz can pull that off.

I've posted about Misfits before. It was my favourite show from last year. So goood. I think Kelly could translate well in the US if done right.

I don't want Americans to touch it, though

Nathan was my favourite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    I've posted about Misfits before. It was my favourite show from last year. So goood. I think Kelly could translate well in the US if done right.

I don't want Americans to touch it, though

Nathan was my favourite character.
    There are Americans who can do justice to the show but they don't work on network television. If the rumor is true and Schwartz is the man who was given the project it's going to be a disaster.

Robert Sheehan's (Nathan's) leaving has to do with all the work coming his way. Again I haven't seen anything from Sheehan himself. You do kinda look like him btw.

The only other thing I've seen Sheehan in is the 'Red Riding' trilogy. He has a small but important role in that. It's worth checking it out, even if the subject matter means it's not an easy watch. It also stars Andrew Garfield, Rebecca Hall, Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Paddy Considine and David Morrisey.

I've seen the first episode of Misfits season 3 and it looks like they will be able to cope without Nathan. They are fortunate in that the rest of the cast is strong, and there's a lot of scope to explore and develop their characters.

There are Americans who can do justice to the show but they don't work on network television. If the rumor is true and Schwartz is the man who was given the project it's going to be a disaster.

Robert Sheehan's (Nathan's) leaving has to do with all the work coming his way. Again I haven't seen anything from Sheehan himself. You do kinda look like him btw.
    True. A few cable stations would make it work well. I hope they find someone better than Schwartz.

Yeah, he's supposedly getting a lot of new roles soon or something (or so I've read). I saw him in that awful film, Season of the Witch, with Nicolas Coppola (Cage). Though, anything with Nick these days is gonna be a craptacular movie. He wasn't too bad in it, but the film was terrible. I think the majority of his work has been mostly stuff only released in Britain.

Thanks . My sister said the same thing. She kept calling him Jessie when he would appear on screen in the film lol.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

NBC has put "Community" and "Prime Suspect" on hiatus. There's already an online petition to keep "Community" on the air.
    Figures. "Prime Suspect" is one of my favorite new shows.

Elisabeth Shue is replacing Marg Helgenburger on CSI original flavor.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I simply can't describe the disappointment I feel in the cancellation of "Prime Suspect". I discovered that it's producer, Peter Berg, also produced my other favorite "loved-by-critics-but-not-by-viewers" series, "Friday Night Lights".

Figures.

And NBC put "Community" on hiatus but is putting a new "Munsters" show in production.

Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789153055105 ... LastLast