Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Survivor: South Pacific *SPOILERS*

This could be the most brilliant move ever, or the dumbest "what the hell was I thinking" boneheaded move ever.

I can just see Oz losing to Christine and Cochran winding up with the immunity idol going into the merge.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I can't remember an episode before where I said "Why are they so stupid" so many times (not just the Ozzy thing.) Can't wait to see Brandon crying at a tribal and telling the other team who has the idol.

I think given that the merge doesn't always happen the same time and that this is just the second (and hopefully last) Redemption island that Ozzy was taking a couple big leaps of faith. (The merge "always" happens at 11? Since when?) I hope he wins the redemption challenge, then his team loses the regular challenge and then they merge and they don't have enough numbers anyways.

Nice to see the good christians praying for victory in challenges Because THAT is exactly what religion is

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I hope he wins the redemption challenge, then his team loses the regular challenge and then they merge and they don't have enough numbers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Nice to see the good christians praying for victory in challenges Because THAT is exactly what religion is
    I especially like that Coach was praying for God's help in finding the immunity idol when he already had it. I wonder how God feels about being used like that?

::

Alternate post: Coach irritates the holy crap out of me.

CRAZY episode. So much crazy. I can barely verbalize.

CRAZY!

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

I never wanted to slap coach harder than tonight. Brandon has this simpletonesque quality that lacks charm. I hope they don't merge for 3 more challenges so even if Ozzy beats Christine, he'll have to beat 3 more people. I would not be playing Ozzy's game. If I needed some kind of redemption it wouldn't be on a reality TV gameshow.
    Open wide.

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Space Invaders Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Pacman Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    I never wanted to slap coach harder than tonight. Brandon has this simpletonesque quality that lacks charm. I hope they don't merge for 3 more challenges so even if Ozzy beats Christine, he'll have to beat 3 more people. I would not be playing Ozzy's game. If I needed some kind of redemption it wouldn't be on a reality TV gameshow.
    Co-sign. I'm glad that the powers that be are so invested in the outcome of a reality show.
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post

I especially like that Coach was praying for God's help in finding the immunity idol when he already had it. I wonder how God feels about being used like that?

::

Alternate post: Coach irritates the holy crap out of me.
    I got a kick of praying for help finding the immunity since it was part of the act. But overall I've enjoyed Coach way less this time then the last two times - the crazy factor is toned way down this time. Normally I cheer for him to go late and not win but this time I wouldn't be sad to see him go soon. Then again, it's not like I have found many people to cheer for this year either. Seems lately the cast if full of idiots for the most part and I find it much harder to cheer for the new people.

Can anyone help? I'm trying to locate the passage in the Bible that encourages someone to put a bullet in someone else's head, but all I'm finding are things like "turn the other cheek."

I said before the game that Ozzy, one of my all-time favorites, is too dumb to win this game, and that has turned out to be an understatement. I guess he gets restless out there with nothing much to do, but he needs to chill out. Where's a joint when you need one? Kinda surprised that he hasn't found SOMETHING in that jungle to smoke.

Haven't any of the Savaii members paid attention on Redemption Island and noticed that Christine hates her old tribe? So why do they think she'd rejoin them? That's the whole point of observing the challenges on Redemption Island. Cochran should have picked up on that, though I guess it was in his best interest not to point that out to his tribe.

Read Jeff Probst's Q&A on EW, and he and I are polar opposites. He approves of Ozzy's big move, thinking it's worth the risk (because there's a good-enough chance that the merge is next, and because if he loses, Christine would be a decent back-up sixth man to Savaii's five... but Savaii didn't know that, and even if they did, they'd be better off winning the next challenge, if there is one, and having Christine take out one more Upolu member before the merge). And Jeff thinks the praying isn't so crazy and that God probably does prefer Upolu over Savaii. Very disappointed to discover that Jeff is a lunatic. Explains some of the dubious casting that is ruining our show.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Can anyone help? I'm trying to locate the passage in the Bible that encourages someone to put a bullet in someone else's head, but all I'm finding are things like "turn the other cheek."
    I'd try the old testament - much more likely to be in there

I said before the game that Ozzy, one of my all-time favorites, is too dumb to win this game, and that has turned out to be an understatement. I guess he gets restless out there with nothing much to do, but he needs to chill out. Where's a joint when you need one? Kinda surprised that he hasn't found SOMETHING in that jungle to smoke.
    Maybe he didn't find something but if was more of the wacky variety then the mellow variety?

Haven't any of the Savaii members paid attention on Redemption Island and noticed that Christine hates her old tribe? So why do they think she'd rejoin them? That's the whole point of observing the challenges on Redemption Island. Cochran should have picked up on that, though I guess it was in his best interest not to point that out to his tribe.
    This was one of the things that I was saying last night too. Last challenge she flipped Rick the bird, this time her old tribe was vocally helping Makayla (wouldn't that be the ultimate tick off though - if you lost because of vocal help given to your opponent!). Like I said, the past few seasons the average intelligence of the players seems to be slipping.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've never heard of a quote like that. I don't think there were even bullets back then.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I've never heard of a quote like that. I don't think there were even bullets back then.
    It's what this quote is referring to "And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

alternate post: I know little of scripture so it's always fun for me to blindly pull something up, because you really can throw a dart and it'll land on some outlandishly dark piece of writing in the bible book.
    Last edited by owendonovan; 10-27-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Open wide.

Read Jeff Probst's Q&A on EW, and he and I are polar opposites. He approves of Ozzy's big move, thinking it's worth the risk (because there's a good-enough chance that the merge is next, and because if he loses, Christine would be a decent back-up sixth man to Savaii's five... but Savaii didn't know that, and even if they did, they'd be better off winning the next challenge, if there is one, and having Christine take out one more Upolu member before the merge). And Jeff thinks the praying isn't so crazy and that God probably does prefer Upolu over Savaii. Very disappointed to discover that Jeff is a lunatic. Explains some of the dubious casting that is ruining our show.
    You're hysterical. BTW Coach was quoting "Of Mice and Men." He got WAAAAAAY too churchy for my taste. I find it so offensive for someone to think that God would intervene to give him or her a million dollars.

Ozzy is stupid no matter what happens. I think Jeff was saying that it makes sense for Ozzy's tribe to vote him out, not that Ozzy was totally justified. Either way, he's been totally phoning in those 'Q and A's for a while.

I hope Ozzy loses to Christine next week. At some point evolution has to catch up to Coach and Ozzy. It just has to.

Also, why was the immunity idol given to Cochran? If the tribes do not merge, and Ozzy's tribe loses again, the rest of them now can't get rid of Cochran since he has the ID and he will play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Also, why was the immunity idol given to Cochran? If the tribes do not merge, and Ozzy's tribe loses again, the rest of them now can't get rid of Cochran since he has the ID and he will play it.
    It happened because Ozzy and Cochran went to the challenge together and that's when Ozzy came up with his unbelievably stupid idea. Cochran promised to give it back.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast