Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121833 ... LastLast

Re: Reality Television *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    David Archuleta syndrome. His best performances were early. Then, he kinda coasted.
    That's a perfect comparison. Both were already tearing up the talent searches as preteens. Both came in to Idol being young and adorable, but with all the experience of an old vet. Both were early frontrunners.

I do think you can pencil Jessica into the top 4. After that, we'll see.

There's a lot of buzz for Phillip Phillips. He fits the Idol mold of being handsome in a nonthreatening way, not having a huge voice but rearranging songs in a clever way etc.

There's buzz for Hollie Cavanaugh but I think she can't win. Her voice is very seasons 1-4. Also, she's not perky.

I would keep my eye on Skylar Laine. She should grab the country vote but has crossover appeal as well.

Many like Colton Dixon's chances, but he screams 4th place to me.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    That's a perfect comparison. Both were already tearing up the talent searches as preteens. Both came in to Idol being young and adorable, but with all the experience of an old vet. Both were early frontrunners.

I do think you can pencil Jessica into the top 4. After that, we'll see.

There's a lot of buzz for Phillip Phillips. He fits the Idol mold of being handsome in a nonthreatening way, not having a huge voice but rearranging songs in a clever way etc.

There's buzz for Hollie Cavanaugh but I think she can't win. Her voice is very seasons 1-4. Also, she's not perky.

I would keep my eye on Skylar Laine. She should grab the country vote but has crossover appeal as well.

Many like Colton Dixon's chances, but he screams 4th place to me.
    Phillip sounds threatening when he sings. I mean, during Hollywood/Las Vegas, when he was singing how he was going to take it "nice and slow", it sounded like he was really going to take it rough and fast.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Word from TMZ is Jermaine Jones is being kicked from Idol (again) because it has been discovered he didn't disclose two past arrests (one possibly for a violent crime) and has some outstanding warrants. Drama to ensue tomorrow night.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Word from TMZ is Jermaine Jones is being kicked from Idol (again) because it has been discovered he didn't disclose two past arrests (one possibly for a violent crime) and has some outstanding warrants. Drama to ensue tomorrow night.
    So someone lost out because he lied? Is there really no background check? Isn't it as easy as going on a website and putting a name in?
    Open wide.

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    So someone lost out because he lied? Is there really no background check? Isn't it as easy as going on a website and putting a name in?
    The cynic might wonder if they know all along and wait until a couple weeks into the live portion to "find out," have it "leaked," and become a big topic of discussion again.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
    The cynic might wonder if they know all along and wait until a couple weeks into the live portion to "find out," have it "leaked," and become a big topic of discussion again.
    You may be on to something. The TMZ story says that Jermaine will appear on tonight's show so he can be eliminated. If that's true, what reason other than ratings would they force him to stand there and be humiliated.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

They just renewed Jersey Shore for another season...with the same cast. I thought it was over. I mean, a few of them have spin-offs and one is pregnant. And, by the time they shoot in the summer, she will be pretty far along. Surely, she won't go clubbing.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not gonna run an Idol contest.

::

Do we need a dedicated Idol thread?
    Hello, Grigor.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I'm not gonna run an Idol contest.

::

Do we need a dedicated Idol thread?
    Not enough people here watching for a contest or a dedicated thread. I'm happy to post my Idol thoughts in this thread, when I feel the need.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

as for DWTS ... I thought Martina looked elegant and like she was having a lot of fun. Good for her.

Didn't help that she had to follow that super-hot Cubano. I didn't think he was all that great, but he'll get tons of votes just because people want to look at him more.

The surprise (for me) so far tonight was Sherri Shepherd. She was surprisingly graceful and absolutely lit up the room with her smile.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Space Invaders Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Pacman Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    as for DWTS ... I thought Martina looked elegant and like she was having a lot of fun. Good for her.

Didn't help that she had to follow that super-hot Cubano. I didn't think he was all that great, but he'll get tons of votes just because people want to look at him more.

The surprise (for me) so far tonight was Sherri Shepherd. She was surprisingly graceful and absolutely lit up the room with her smile.
    Gladys Knight surprised me too. I think Gavin de Graw or Melissa Gilbert will be the first boot, unless they dance a lot better next week.
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Space Invaders Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Pacman Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WTF happened with Willam last night on Drag Race?
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

What, in the name of all that is holy, happened to the Idol contestants tonight?

Holly was not just "pitchy", she was horrendous. And Heejun needs to take his cocky, arrogant self and just go away.

Haven't seen all the performances yet, but I'm already ready to turn it off for the week.
    Hello, Grigor.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    What, in the name of all that is holy, happened to the Idol contestants tonight?

Holly was not just "pitchy", she was horrendous. And Heejun needs to take his cocky, arrogant self and just go away.

Haven't seen all the performances yet, but I'm already ready to turn it off for the week.
    What made Billy Joel songs work was Billy Joel. That's was the problem tonight. The songs only work for him (and not all of them worked for Billy ). Other people try to sing them and they really do sound karaoke. Take Deandre for example or Heejun.

That being said, I liked Phillip Phillips odd take on Movin' Out simply because he flipped it.

But, Colton kept Piano Man pretty close to the original and sounded great.

I also liked Elise.

Jessica was pitch perfect again, but I'm still getting the Archuleta vibe from her. Pure voice, but someone with some originality is going to surpass her down the stretch.

Hollie was trying to do the Celine Dion thing again, but with a really dull Billy Joel song - Honesty. Wasn't going to work.

I say Deandre or Erika goes home. I'd say Deandre for sure, except Erika was almost there last week. Heejun should go home, but is still too popular.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I just don't get the vote this week. I really don't get it. It's so obvious that the votes are based more on popularity than talent, otherwise Heejun would be gone. I. Just. Don't. Like. Him. Erika was one of my favorites.

I'm really digging Phillip's style too.
    Hello, Grigor.

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121833 ... LastLast