Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142035 ... LastLast
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pacman Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Archery Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Reality Television *SPOILERS*

I enjoyed the Jessica/Joshua duet tonight as much as I think I've enjoyed any solo performance in any Idol broadcast I've seen.
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I enjoyed the Jessica/Joshua duet tonight as much as I think I've enjoyed any solo performance in any Idol broadcast I've seen.
    I rewound it and watched it again.

Skylar made me cry.

I'd buy Phillip's CD tomorrow.

I'm over Joshua's gospel sound.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I honestly think this is the best all-around talent of any AI season. Put almost any one of these artists in season 2 or 5 and they walk away with it.

I think the problem with Hollie is that she's not a confident "performer". She's got a voice to kill, but on stage....

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I honestly think this is the best all-around talent of any AI season. Put almost any one of these artists in season 2 or 5 and they walk away with it.

I think the problem with Hollie is that she's not a confident "performer". She's got a voice to kill, but on stage....
    Usually, at top 7, we have one or two throw-away's that somehow managed to make it that far. This year, we certainly don't. So, I agree with you about the talent.

Poor Hollie. The audience was silent when the judges were criticizing her. Usually, they are booing. Note for note, she performed Pink's "Perfect", well, perfect. Problem was, she stripped the song of all character and emotion.

I predict if America votes her out, she goes home. If America votes anyone else out, they use the save this week.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

By the way, I looked up the date of the AI finale, and in order to make it to that week, the save will have to be used. Otherwise, they will be down to two a week early.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Usually, at top 7, we have one or two throw-away's that somehow managed to make it that far. This year, we certainly don't. So, I agree with you about the talent.

Poor Hollie. The audience was silent when the judges were criticizing her. Usually, they are booing. Note for note, she performed Pink's "Perfect", well, perfect. Problem was, she stripped the song of all character and emotion.

I predict if America votes her out, she goes home. If America votes anyone else out, they use the save this week.
    That was my exact thought too. I believe next week is the last to use the save.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

That save seemed a little too staged to me.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pacman Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Archery Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That save seemed a little too staged to me.
    Oh surely you jest!!!

It was a pure banquet of bull.
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

OK. Pardon my language. But Hollie f*cking rocked it.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    OK. Pardon my language. But Hollie f*cking rocked it.
    She really did. Or at least so I thought.

But I still don't get why she insists on taking on these monstrously huge songs. Adele? Whitney? Who else? Let's make a list.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Hollie technically sounded great and was more natural and free tonight. I still have a believeability (sp) problem with her. I mean, the odd choice of Son of a Preacher Man. Just didn't seem like her.

I have a similar problem with Jessica, who is always technically perfect and clearly has the best voice of the contestants this year. But, it still feels a little copycat in its perfection. She sings Beyonce and even her pronunciation is Beyonce's. This is why she had to be saved. Her second song tonight was a terrible arrangement, by the way.

I was coming around to the idea of Colton winning this thing, and then came tonight. He took risks, and they just didn't pay off. What he did to my favorite Earth, Wind & Fire song will never be forgiven.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I. Love. Phillip Phillips. "Midnight Hour", I thought, was perfect.

I think both Hollie and Jessica are technically spot on, but that's kind of the problem. You know they're just going through the vocal motions and not feeling what they're singing.

I like to listen to Elise, I think she connects with the song, but I see a major attitude with her that I can't get passed. And I'm over Joshua. He seems like a great guy but his songs all sound the same to me.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

So, who do you think goes home tonight?

I'm guessing Elise.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So, who do you think goes home tonight?

I'm guessing Elise.
    I'm thinking Elise or Hollie. They would be my guess for bottom 2.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm thinking Elise. But from here on out, every loss will be unfortunate.

Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142035 ... LastLast