Agree Agree:  20
Likes Likes:  70
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25404647484950

Re: Scripted TV Random, Random **Spoilers**

I'm pretty annoyed about the NCIS: New Orleans commercials I've been seeing.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    On tap:
    Chicago Power (about the municipal electric company)
    Chicago Traffic (about meter maids)
    Chicago Grass (about parks dept)
    Chicago Books (about libraries)
    Chicago Snow (about plow drivers)
    Chicago Trash (waste disposal)
    Chicago Flow (plumbers)
    Chicago Tar (road repair)
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

It took me a minute to realize that was just a joke.

There are no words.

CBS Passes on Nancy Drew Adaptation For Testing “Too Female” For Lineup
    by Carly Lane | 12:30 pm, May 15th, 2016

Well, this is somewhat disappointing: remember our excitement a few months back when it was announced CBS was proceeding with a new adaptation of the classic female detective character that would see the former titian-haired beauty played by the fantastic Sarah Shahi? Turns out CBS has decided to pass on the pilot, which would have had Nancy Drew reimagined as a thirty-something NYPD detective.

Writers Joan Rater and Tony Phelan of Grey’s Anatomy had been working on the concept for the show along with CBS, which co-starred Graceland‘s Vanessa Ferlito as George, Nancy’s former partner at the NYPD and ER‘s Anthony Edwards as Nancy’s father. (No news yet on who they’d potentially landed to play that updated version of Bess.)

The reason for the nix? Apparently, “the pilot tested well but skewed too female for CBS’ schedule”. Whatever that means.

Now, according to reports, CBS is seeking other potential buyers for the show–and obviously someone needs to save this one, please. Personally, I think Drew could be a good fit for Netflix or Hulu, two streaming platforms that have had a lot of recent success with original programming. There’s also the CW, which is taking a chance on another adaptation of a classic series in pilot season–Riverdale. Why not add a Nancy Drew show into the mix? If there’s one thing I know about Nancy Drew, it’s that she doesn’t go down without a fight, so hopefully this won’t be one of those pilots that goes to the vanishing point forever.

UPDATE: Shahi responded via Twitter after the news broke, thanking fans for their support:

Thank you for the ❤️❤️❤️. I believe we need strong female role models. She def could have been one https://t.co/hI9KbOAhEl

— Sarah Shahi (@onlysarahshahi) May 15, 2016

(via Variety)

http://www.themarysue.com/nancy-drew...-passed-pilot/
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    In addition to Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, and Chicago Med, NBC has ordered Chicago Justice to series. Seriously!
    Actually, I was waiting for that. I watch all of those series, and I was wondering when a legal version would air. Now I know. I guess they didn't want to call it Chicago Law because it would be too close to the name L.A. Law.

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

CBS's Code Black, which is produced by ABC, was renewed. Oddly, looks like CBS's Limitless, produced by CBS, will not be. Their ratings were almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    CBS's Code Black, which is produced by ABC, was renewed. Oddly, looks like CBS's Limitless, produced by CBS, will not be. Their ratings were almost identical.
    I like "Code Black".

Still pissed about "Person of Interest" though.

So I watched the first episode of Michelle Dockery's series "Good Behavior" tonight. I was impressed by the first episode but I'm reserving judgment until I see two more. Let's just say Lady Mary would have her pearls in a vise like grip.

I've also been watching "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and enjoying it.

We binged watched the series Search Party (with Alia Shawkat and John Early) on TBS. It was super uncomfortable (because the characters are awful and get into awful situations because of it) and funny--it is by the writers of the film Fort Tilden, which has a similar vibe to it.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

I'm caught up on "Good Behavior". I'm streaming it on the TNT App and after each episode the writer has a sit down with the two stars, Michelle Dockery and Juan Diego Botto. Has the level of acting talent sunk so low in the States that a US actor couldn't have played the female lead? When you hear her natural speaking voice you know that it had to be difficult for her to adopt not only an American accent but the accent of a person from North Carolina. Maybe she watched a lot of "A Chef's Life" with Vivian Howard? I'm kidding but it seems that outside of procedurals British actors are playing the leads in soe serious shows.

I know Hugh Lauried did it for years on "House" but I was just wondering.

As for the show itself the plot so far is fairly predictable. It'll be interesting to see where they go starting with Episode 5 and through to the end. Dockery is acting her butt off.

BTW the makers of the Tesla car will not be happy with this show.

Can't believe it took me a year to stumble across this video - Orphan Black at Comic-Con 2016.

Just in time for tonight's episode.

Best line of the season so far..."Stick in bebe."

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25404647484950