Agree Agree:  20
Likes Likes:  70
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Scripted TV Random, Random **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Anyone watch Person of Interest? Considering giving it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    LOVED it.
    Quote Originally Posted by omess View Post
    Loved it
    Ditto.

Happy for Jim Caviezel. His career seemed to go off-track after Passion of the Christ.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Were you guys watching S1 or S2 of Haven?
    I'm finally caught up with the series (impatiently waiting for Friday nights for the newest episode). But Jess had only seen through about half of S1. So we finished S1 and saw the first episode of S2.

Haven is one of those shows that got me from the first episode. Now it's "Must Watch TV".
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Ditto.

Happy for Jim Caviezel. His career seemed to go off-track after Passion of the Christ.
    He won't do love/sex/passionate kissing scenes, so that is a huge obstacle for any actor. He may even have a problem doing post-coital scenes.

He also opposes embryonic stem cell research.

He has also donated to Rick Santorum.

The funniest description of The Passion of the Christ I ever read was when someone called it Jesus Chainsaw Massacre.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    He won't do love/sex/passionate kissing scenes, so that is a huge obstacle for any actor. He may even have a problem doing post-coital scenes.

He also opposes embryonic stem cell research.

He has also donated to Rick Santorum.

The funniest description of The Passion of the Christ I ever read was when someone called it Jesus Chainsaw Massacre.
    I'd have to watch again to determine how passionate. But, the flashback scenes in Mexico seemed at least somewhat. I wonder where he draws the line.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I'd have to watch again to determine how passionate. But, the flashback scenes in Mexico seemed at least somewhat. I wonder where he draws the line.
    Or he has succumbed to the realities of his chosen career and decided to lower his standards.

Seems pretty unanimous that I should download Person of Interest then Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it turns out! Not sure if wife would be into this or not.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

We have Person of Interest on the DVR but I have to wait for Mary to home before watching it.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Okay so I totally thought we were talking about Prime Suspect with Maria Bello, not Person of Interest. I totally loved Prime Suspect. I haven't seen the other one, but now I suppose I have to.

Person of Interest is very pre-crime-y like Minority Report, the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Okay so I totally thought we were talking about Prime Suspect with Maria Bello, not Person of Interest. I totally loved Prime Suspect. I haven't seen the other one, but now I suppose I have to.

I really enjoyed Prime Suspect as well. Great casting, writing and the whole look of the series made me think I was watching a movie or cable series and not a network series - looking forward to the next episode.

Anyone here watched or heard of The Secret Circle? I watched two episodes, and neither was good. I can't take the male love interest for the main girl seriously because he has major gay face , and the "bad" girl can't act at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Anyone here watched or heard of The Secret Circle? I watched two episodes, and neither was good. I can't take the male love interest for the main girl seriously because he has major gay face , and the "bad" girl can't act at all.
    Made it through the first episode. The second was so bad I just couldn't.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

We watched the first episode of "Revenge" last night, and we got totally sucked in. I didn't realize that Madeleine Stowe was in it.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Made it through the first episode. The second was so bad I just couldn't.
    I really liked the premise too. Oh wells. It probably won't last long before it's cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    We watched the first episode of "Revenge" last night, and we got totally sucked in. I didn't realize
    that Madeleine Stowe was in it.
    Ditto. I actually went in with very low expectations because I didn't like the lead when she was in Brothers and Sisters. I had to google Stowe because her name wasn't ringing any bells. Pleasantly surprised to see her too.
    She's also apparently half Costa Rican. Heh. Who knew

Finally watched "Prime Suspect". Aside from them lifting the whole deputizing thing from "Justified" it was good. The actor playing Maria Bello's boyfriend made his bones on The Shield. Love him.

Also watched SVU. No surprise they did DSK but of course made him a different nationality and gave a different ending. With Chris Meloni not coming back Mariska Hargitay turned in a nuanced, wonderful performance. They didn't shoot her pretty. Instead of using filters they shot her rough around the edges, old and tired.
    Her breakdown at the end, alone in an interview room, showed all the emotion she'd held in when it came to Stabler. In the end he wouldn't even talk to her, didn't tell her that he was leaving the force. I felt for her character for the first time in a very long time.

As for the new actress I hated her in "Chase" and she's still smirking her way through her character. The new male lead, Chris Pino, is simply too pretty. Benson and Stabler were believable because they weren't pretty, they have the physical imperfections regular people have. I'll suspend judgment for a few episodes.

I also watched Fringe. Great. They did some recapping a la Fringe but it's going to be a great season.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast