Agree Agree:  20
Likes Likes:  70
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Scripted TV Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I spent all of Hawaii 5-0 rolling my eyes and thinking it had jumped the shark until the end.
    Wasn't that ending a terrific shock! By the way, I don't think a show that has never hit its stride is eligible to jump the shark.

Two & A Half Men was pretty good. Inspired to have a cameo from John Stamos since he was the first name mentioned to replace Sheen. Funny to also have Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson reprise their Dharma & Greg roles (although not great writing for any of these cameos. More like good ideas; poor execution). I liked Kutcher though. Looks like he is putting a different spin on what I am used to him playing. He's usually always the same. But, his voice and delivery were completely different here. This could work.

Re: Scripted TV Random, Random **Spoilers**

I'm on the fence about American Horror Story. I'll probably end up watching it.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Wasn't that ending a terrific shock! By the way, I don't think a show that has never hit its stride is eligible to jump the shark.
    So true.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I'm on the fence about American Horror Story. I'll probably end up watching it.
    I'm mainly giving it a shot because Connie Britton is on it.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Here we go.

CBS easily won the first night of the season as Two and Half Men scored nearly 28 million viewers to go along with its 10.3 adults 18-49 rating (leading not only the night, but any scripted show in the 2010-11 season by a wide margin) and was up more than 100% from last year's season premiere. With the huge lead-in, 2 Broke Girls got a very nice sampling and scored a 7.0 adults 18-49 rating, which would've easily made it the top scripted show of the 2010-11 season with adults 18-49! Comparisons to last year are unfair since Mike & Molly didn't premiere with a jumbo-sized Two and a Half Men lead-in, but 2 Broke Girls was up 79% versus last season's premiere of Mike & Molly. Earlier in the night How I Met Your Mother had a strong premiere at 8pm with 4.7 adults 18-49 rating, up 31% versus last year's 8pm premiere. Hawaii Five-0 was down only 13% from its series premiere last season, but that will still rankle some retentionistas.

Dancing with the Stars fell 24% from its fall 2010 premiere and had its lowest-rated premiere ever, but Castle fans still celebrate since Castle was up 22% with adults 18-49 from last season's premiere to a 3.3 rating.
    Things were much gloomier for NBC. The Sing Off didn't crack a 2.0 rating and the premiere of The Playboy Club managed only a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. By comparison, last season's premiere of the now cancelled Chase scored a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating in the preliminary numbers.
    The season finale of Hell's Kitchen was up a little versus last week and averaged a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating from 8-10p. The 2.6 adults 18-49 rating for the final hour was in line with last season's finale (which aired in December):
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-more/104221/

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

HIMYM had two episodes. The first wasn't that good, the second was better.

I watched the first 5 minutes of 2 and a half men, realized it's still not funny and made sure to switch (sorry, I know there are fans of the show on here, but I am just really not one of them).

2 Broke Girls was pretty funny, but too sitcom-my with its very fake New York and really forced jokes timing.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post

Two & A Half Men was pretty good. Inspired to have a cameo from John Stamos since he was the first name mentioned to replace Sheen. Funny to also have Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson reprise their Dharma & Greg roles (although not great writing for any of these cameos. More like good ideas; poor execution). I liked Kutcher though. Looks like he is putting a different spin on what I am used to him playing. He's usually always the same. But, his voice and delivery were completely different here. This could work.
    Yeah I like two and half men. They are not trying to change the show so it is good... Allen is still the "loser".

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

"New Girl"

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I spent the entire afternoon away from the news, blogs, current events, etc. and instead watched 6 straight episodes of "Haven" with Jessica (to catch up her up). What a great afternoon.

Anyone watch Person of Interest? Considering giving it a go.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I did. Much, much better than I thought it would be. I've set it up to record each week.

I also watched "Unforgettable". It's well done and I'll be watching.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

With Mary gone 'til next Tuesday I can't watch anything new until she returns. Just filling up the DVR. It's reruns for me this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    With Mary gone 'til next Tuesday I can't watch anything new until she returns. Just filling up the DVR. It's reruns for me this weekend.
    Were you guys watching S1 or S2 of Haven?

LOVED it.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Loved it

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast