Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Nittany Lion

Re: 2011 US Open Day 15 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    this.

Also, who got the warning about time violation? Or did that even happen? The USO website video commentators weren't clear (or didn't know themselves).
    I think it was Rafa

In the match you could give both players a violation on every point
    so why bother now

Novak did not broke only Nadal's serve in the third game of the second set... He broke his spirit too!!!
    Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Djokovic breaks....Not a repeat of the first set I hope

That long game might considerably shorten the overall length of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Nadal is really damp again. Sweat is just pouring off of him. Like a continuous drip off his nose during service preparations. I don't remember him being quite so wet all the time before this year.
    Although not as bad as in Australia, I think his shirt has looked kinda similar to that during this tournament. It resembles a lubed up, used condom......and Rafa is beginning to look quite flaccid here.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Nothing is going right for Nadal

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Man, Rafa's serve, returns, backhand and footwork all look completely below what I'd expect from him. This is rough.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantès View Post
    Although not as bad as in Australia, I think his shirt has looked kinda similar to that during this tournament. It resembles a lubed up, used condom......and Rafa is beginning to look quite flaccid here.
    Talk about dumpsterizing this thread!!!
    50 ways to leave your (non) lover: "I hope you understand me when I say it was torture having met you"

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Is it too early to start drinking? It's almost 10.00am...

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    So where's her venom for Mike Bryan or Philip Petzschner? Mike Bryan went beyond words, allegedly. He put his hand(s) on an official. Petzschner did something that could conceivably have hurt someone.

::

To be clear, Serena's behavior WAS unacceptable. But then it has to be unacceptable for men, too. Otherwise, it's a sexist point of view on the part of Mary Carillo that reinforces that machismo among guys is fine but women should have to conform to an unequal standard. That's just not right. Condemn it all, regardless of the perpetrator. Or say nothing.

Based on the amounts of the fines, the USTA seems to have it in good perspective, or at least close. Mary's missing the boat and grinding the ax of her choosing.
    Oh come ON! Talk about an ax to grind.

Mary Carillo is mentioning something that happened twelve hours ago to the most famous woman in the sport on the biggest stage in the sport that was likely seen by the majority of the current viewers. Because she doesn't mention something that you only know about because you check a website chock full of obsessives several times a day, she's sexist? That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Talk about dumpsterizing this thread!!!
    Tennis needs to lower its standards to achieve more mainstream popularity.......your mate Serena understands that

I'm just playing my part in that

Quote Originally Posted by luvs10s View Post
    Is it too early to start drinking? It's almost 10.00am...
    Never too early. In fact, have a word with yourself. I mean it's 10:00am and you haven't started yet? I thought NZers were better than that!

All of Rafa's forehands are landing inside the service boxes. I remember Tony Trabert: "Deep and down the middle is never a bad shot"
    50 ways to leave your (non) lover: "I hope you understand me when I say it was torture having met you"

Can we leave Serena alone at least in this thread? There is a good match going on...

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Very nice break from Rafa. I was wondering if him leaving the ball super short was some sort of conscious strategy of some kind, he was doing it so reliably. It was getting painful to watch.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantès View Post
    Tennis needs to lower its standards to achieve more mainstream popularity.......your mate Serena understands that

I'm just playing my part in that
    Ok. But don't complain when we start calling you The Count of Mount Crisco, deal?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast