Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: UPDATED Men's USOSP Picks & Results Thread

With Pudding's change, that switches things up a bit.

Now, one person with Nadal/Djokovic left went with Djokovic in the semis and Nadal for the title.

Good luck everyone!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

What Pudding's change means is should Nadal & Djokovic advance, 4 people still advance, but Pudding could win the pool, beat the draw and win the prize outright.

I admire the guts!

Quote Originally Posted by pudding View Post
    Changed my pick. Because I saw that no one had picked Rafa to win. really can't have that. Got to go with the heart. Hope I wasn't too late.
    And I love you for that! And I, too, admire your gutsy move. I hope it works out for you because I'd love for Rafa to win the title and get over his Djokovic yips! If my son Bhar was still in the mix, he'd have done the same thing because he ALWAYS picks Rafa to win - no matter what!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

I admire the courage as well, but I also remember myself doing the same thing once (picked Ivanovic over Henin at RG). I lost and half of the board won a medal... Probably wouldn't do it again.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Good luck Pudding!

Oh My.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

With Djokovic winning the first semi, this is where we stand:

1 - If Nadal joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 4 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth, who all are holding Djokovic for the title &
    Pudding, who is holding Nadal for the title.

Under this scenario, since Pudding can win outright if Nadal wins the title Monday, Pudding will not have to send me tiebreak answers, but only post a day 15 pick, to make it official, when the day 15 thread goes up.

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth will all participate in the tiebreak that will be explained in the thread, because if Djokovic wins the title, while they all get medals, we need the tiebreaker to award the prize.

2 - If Murray joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 2 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Doran22 and Sreilly85, who both are holding Djokovic for the title. They will both participate in the tiebreaker, in addition to posting their day 15 pick (to make it official), so we can award the prize. Both would get medals however.

For those who are new, you might ask "What if under 2 above, Murray wins the title? They would be wrong and what about those of us who were right with our semi pick? Didn't we get just as far?" The answer is getting to the final, and having been clever enough to have a pick remaining, is greater than simply getting through the semis with no picks remaining.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    With Djokovic winning the first semi, this is where we stand:

1 - If Nadal joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 4 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth, who all are holding Djokovic for the title &
    Pudding, who is holding Nadal for the title.

Under this scenario, since Pudding can win outright if Nadal wins the title Monday, Pudding will not have to send me tiebreak answers, but only post a day 15 pick, to make it official, when the day 15 thread goes up.

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth will all participate in the tiebreak that will be explained in the thread, because if Djokovic wins the title, while they all get medals, we need the tiebreaker to award the prize.

2 - If Murray joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 2 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Doran22 and Sreilly85, who both are holding Djokovic for the title. They will both participate in the tiebreaker, in addition to posting their day 15 pick (to make it official), so we can award the prize. Both would get medals however.

For those who are new, you might ask "What if under 2 above, Murray wins the title? They would be wrong and what about those of us who were right with our semi pick? Didn't we get just as far?" The answer is getting to the final, and having been clever enough to have a pick remaining, is greater than simply getting through the semis with no picks remaining.
    Once again, scenario 1 it is!

I will have a day 15/tiebreak thread up in a bit.

Congratulations!

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

Two matchpoints away from the medal. Ugggggggggggggggggh. Fed, ya killing me! (Great match by the way, but as a huge Federer fan, I'm still in pain/denial.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12