Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    TATChat Moderator hurricanejeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Hurricane Irene Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I don't know if it is just me but when hurricanejeanne posts something in the Hurricane Irene thread there is a hurricane bunch of jokes swirling going around my head.
    Sorry
    It's just because I'm just that awesome!

On a serious note, I get this is only a category one hurricane, but people wandering around outside in the middle of it is beyond the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Darwinism at work right there.
    There's a room where the light won't find you
    Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
    When they do
    I'll be right behind you

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post

On a serious note, I get this is only a category one hurricane, but people wandering around outside in the middle of it is beyond the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Darwinism at work right there.
    About two hours ago, they showed guys surfing off the NJ coast. And while the storm is still well south, the water is really kicked up, and the waves looked fierce. That is absolute lunacy.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    About two hours ago, they showed guys surfing off the NJ coast. And while the storm is still well south, the water is really kicked up, and the waves looked fierce. That is absolute lunacy.
    Hahaha I can laugh now, but that's something we do here in SK when a hurricane is approaching. We thought it was fun as kids but as I grew older I realized it was indeed pure lunacy.

Called my mom this morning at 7:30 am and she was thinking of going to her church. Had to remind her things were closing down at noon and not even think of venturing out. Look a lot of people she was not even listening for announcements and warning.

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

Torrential rain started a little over an hour ago. I just hope a tree doesn't fall on our house (we have several large oaks whose stability I'm not too sure of).

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Only 2 hurricanes have made landfall in New Jersey since 1821, when they began keeping records. Irene is expcted to be #3, projected to touch down on Long Beach Island at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Guess who is hoping there is still a Long Beach Island to go to going to LBI next Sunday?

Our conditions have deteriorated in the last hour. Winds have whipped up, and rain is falling much heavier. And we are many hours away from the storm being in our area. We already have set a record for rainfall in August, and they are now saying we are likely to get 6-12 inches of rain out of this system. The ground can't absorb it, and we are going to have some serious flooding in my area tonight/tomorrow. And we are probably 75-90 miles away from the coast. The magnitude of this storm is mind-blowing.
    Last edited by Moose; 08-27-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post

I totally agree (says the person who went swimming in the last hurricane to hit us...though I was on the north side of the province so Earl was just a tropical storm when it hit us...and the water we were in was only 4 feet deep.)
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Ace Blackjack Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion Woody's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anybody in part of the hurricane around for chat? I figure it'll be better than CNN, watching morons standing on the beach and shouting...
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

TATChat Moderator hurricanejeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know, every time the show one of the reporters, there's a chick in a bodysuit and a blow up raft in the waves. A 22 year old college student died yesterday trying to surf in North Carolina. I just don't understand why one would risk it, the rip currents alone would be insane.
    There's a room where the light won't find you
    Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
    When they do
    I'll be right behind you

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Chris Jansing of MSNBC asked one of her guys in the filed, "what are those people doing behind you on the beach?" He replied, "I'm not going to use the term 'bottom of the gene pool', but..." LOL.

A surfer died off the coast of Florida today.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

On top of all of the other hell breaking loose, we now are having tornados. At least two have been confirmed as having touched down in the region.

EDIT: they just confirmed a tornado in King of Prussia, which is less than 10 minutes from me.
    Last edited by Moose; 08-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.

This moron thinks hurricane is a "blessing"..

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...ing/?hpt=hp_c2
    "Whatsoever is contrary to nature is contrary to reason, and whatsoever is contrary to reason is absurd." Baruch Spinoza

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

On top of all of the other hell breaking loose, we now are having tornados. At least two have been confirmed as having touched down in the region.

EDIT: they just confirmed a tornado in King of Prussia, which is less than 10 minutes from me.
    Moose! My God. Stay safe.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Moose! My God. Stay safe.
    The worse part of the rain and winds is still 3 hours away. Outside of the significant possibilty of losing power, however, we should be okay. Wet, but okay. That's not the case for many further east than me, though.

The Jersey shore is getting absolutely hammered. Again, it is still a few hours til the worst, but the film they are showing is wild.

One of the big issues is that it is a new moon, so tides are already high. Add this, and in many beach communities, the ocean and the bay will meet on a number of the barrier islands, which is potentially devastating.

Via tumblr
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

a nevernude
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Is that real?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast