Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THRNY 2011 Scoreboard

THRNY 2011 - Week 1 Scoreboard

Play in Atlanta has completed, meaning Week 1 of The Hard Road to New York is complete and there have been some pretty darn impressive scores. The Gold, Silver, Bronze and, er...2nd Bronze go to our four (yes, four contestants who tied for first place this week with 190 points. Congratulations to patrick, waylandboy-tw, pingponger and Omegadoom, all of whom made excellent use of Gilles Muller (what is this? 2005?), Kevin Anderson and Somdev Devvarman. However, their early lead is certainly within striking distance of everyone else, of course, as 5 grueling weeks remain. Congrats to our leaders and good luck to the rest of us!
    Last edited by munchin; 07-31-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Re: THRNY 2011 Scoreboard

Week 1 scores posted! Congrats to our very impressive leaders
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a logjam! Very exciting!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

So many people up top!
    It'll be interesting how the rest of the weeks turn out.

Congrats to the top four!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    So many people up top!
    It'll be interesting how the rest of the weeks turn out.

Congrats to the top four!
    Belslus, is that you?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

THRNY 2011 - Week 2 Scoreboard

The Los Angeles Tournament has concluded with a surprising champion (probably even a surprise to those who had him on their team). This week's big scorers all benefited extraordinarily from the Latent Latvian talents of Mr. Ernest Gulbis. The big winners, however, also had help from surprising runs from Yen-Hsun Lu, Bogomolov, Kunitsyn and Del Potro (as in, "it's 'surprising' he didn't do better). So congrats to our week 2 winner, with an astounding 193 points - lukeorion!! 2nd place this week goes to Moose with 183 points and 3rd goes to omess with 176. Several other Gulbis pickers were on their heels, but these 3 pulled away.

The overall rankings are starting the open up after that dead heat last week. Only one of the co-leaders from last week remains in the top three. He also happens to have snatched the lead all for himself. Pingponger is setting the pace with 358 points. Lukeorion rides his weekly win to second place at 350 points. In third place is TAT Contest newcomer dryrunguy with 345 points.

Still relatively tight at the top. Will Washington blow things wide open or will we have to wait for the Masters 1000 events? Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    In third place is TAT Contest newcomer dryrunguy with 345 points.

In other news, I'm totally bummed I wasn't in the top three this week! I was one of only three people with winner Gulbis AND SFist Bogomolov. I thought that would be enough, but no Lu or Kunitsyn.

I'm in sixth and close to the medal positions though, so there's still a lot of tennis to be played!

THRNY 2011 - Week 3 Scoreboard

A bit of a shake-up in the standings this week as Washington proved to be, overall, a rather weird tournament for our contest. The scores were generally low and, I can't recall this happening previously, but not a single player had this week's winner Radek Stepanek on their THRNY team. The players who did well, however, all found a spot for the streaky runner-up, Gael Monfils. Our weekly winner is Ribbons, squeaking out the win by one point at 113 points. With 112 points in 2nd is BHar11. Close behind in third is Charlie02123 with 110 points.

This alters our top 3 going into the big-point events in Montreal and Cincinnati. Moving from out of the top 5 all the way to #1 is Charlie02123 at 448 points. Not too far behind is Fiercehart with 439 points. Those 2 have put a bit of space between themselves and the crowd. Third place is our previous leader, pingponger at 409 points.

But obviously, everything can change at the Masters tournaments. Trade wisely, players, there are lots of points for Novak to win to be won.

GASP!!!!!!!! I'm in shock.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

NO ONE had Radek? I was assuming about the same # woulda had him that had Gulbis.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Wimbledon Enthusiast
    Awards Showcase

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Ughhh being away from the computer the past two weeks prevented me from making trades. We'll see how it pays off

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    NO ONE had Radek? I was assuming about the same # woulda had him that had Gulbis.
    Easy to say now . People had Gulbis probably because he was playing the first two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by omess View Post
    Easy to say now . People had Gulbis probably because he was playing the first two weeks
    I think it's a little surprising too. Especially considering 5 of his last 6 finals have been on U.S. hard courts. But it's probably just people thought he was pretty much done and that Gulbis may have had a puncher's chance at getting a few matches. I consciously avoided both of them, to my detriment.

THRNY 2011 - Week 4 Scoreboard

A simultaneously exciting ( Nole Mardy) and disappointing ( Murray Rafa) week in the first of two Masters events in THRNY. Djokovic did what many of us expected him to do, but Mardy Fish made the best of an opportune draw and made many of us regret trading him out for the event. The big winners in our contest, of course, were those lucky and brilliant few who managed to have both of these finalists on their team. So big congrats to our top four for the week - tied for first place with 213 points each are shtexas and BHar11, reinforcing his strong performance from last week. Right behind them were ponchi101 and Synth, who tied with 212 points apiece. Five other players also passed the 200-point mark this week, quite impressively.

So BHar11's back-to-back top-three performances have catapulted him from 4th to the top of the leaderboard at 618 points. Lukeorion likewise jumped up 3 spots from 5th to 2nd place at 612 points. Last week's leader, Charlie02123 holds his ground against a lot of high-scoring challengers and holds onto third place at 609 points. But, looking at the scoreboard, it's clear no one can feel too discouraged or secure, as there is a lot of movement that can happen in the last 2 weeks. Good luck, contestants.

THRNY 2011 - Week 5 Scoreboard

Another exciting week of tennis...with an anti-climactic ending. Murray's win in Cincy via retirement was obviously a boon to those who had him on their team and another ranking shakeup occurred, going into our final week of the contest.

The weekly winner, with 249 points, is the modest, perennial fan-favorite munchin (). Four points behind him, is TennisAnyone74 at 245 points. Four points behind her is Charlie02123 with 241.

Going into the final week, three players have broken away from the pack and have a large advantage in contention for the medals. The current leader, with 850 points, is Charlie02123, who has been in the overall top 10 every week so far. Very close behind is mysterx with 843 points. Also not far behind is Fiercehart with 834 points. The rest of us will need a very fortuitous series of events to occur to knock any of them out of medal contention. But this has been a pretty wild US Open Series and we all know anything can happen. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by munchin; 08-22-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast