Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The THRNY Lounge

Something simple has happened!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Really! He'll get at a couple WC's if he wants and is already in some events - seems in contests the E group is the safest place to pick American men anyways. I was actually surprised he was ranked high enough to be a contest pick actually.
    And that Hewitt was not!
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Since everyone has Isner, I guess I'm rooting for Blake to beat him.

Looks like the 14 Muller pickers are the big winners this week. The rest of us now only really care about him losing ASAP.

Checking next week's draw...YAY Devvarman and Sweeting in round 1 again! Only this time Devvarman isn't seeded. Berrer and Blake round 1 too...they're trying to get rid of my scrubs quickly.

I thought Tursonov was out for awhile...he could turn out to be a nice sneaky pick.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 07-23-2011 at 04:29 AM.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Looks like the 14 Muller pickers are the big winners this week. The rest of us now only really care about him losing ASAP.

Checking next week's draw...YAY Devvarman and Sweeting in round 1 again! Only this time Devvarman isn't seeded. Berrer and Blake round 1 too...they're trying to get rid of my scrubs quickly.

I thought Tursonov was out for awhile...he could turn out to be a nice sneaky pick.
    Well Muller's out in the semis. It looks like the half with him on the team will be the top chunk of scores, but it should be a very very small spread.

Everyone (but one?) has Isner, who's in the finals. The other semi if Fish/Harrison. Almost everyone has Fish and Harrison wasn't ranked high enough to be picked.

The scores for the week could almost be calculated now! Whoever has the early lead has to be a Muller picked with a handful of QFs and 2nd rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post

I'm waiting on the Ponchi rant on how Fish and Isner should be omitted from selection for this contest
    I'm gonna get you for that one. wayland, You are going to be in third place and I am going to make one really brilliant change my team (yep, you heard me) and I am going to snatch that bronze from you!
    Count on it!!!!!!!

(And no, I think Novak should be omitted. There, good enough for you?)
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I'm gonna get you for that one. wayland, You are going to be in third place and I am going to make one really brilliant change my team (yep, you heard me) and I am going to snatch that bronze from you!
    Count on it!!!!!!!

(And no, I think Novak should be omitted. There, good enough for you?)
    Ponchi, I only go for gold, not bronze I leave those for Dry and his kind

Although it was this contest last year where you snatched bronze by 1 point so perhaps the field should watch out!

Side note: Congrats to the 27 of us who had both Fish and Isner

Brief trade summary.

15 trades.

Adds
    7- Del Potro
    7- Baghdatis
    1- Bellucci

Drops
    7- Malisse
    5- Isner
    3- Anderson

Starting LA, 28 still have Fish (if he doesn't withdraw) and 27 now have Del Potro so it could potentially be another close scoring week.

Good luck all and enjoy the tennis!

So we have slightly more reason to cheer for DelPo than Fish?

For all of us Roddick pickers

Injury sidelines Andy Roddick

WASHINGTON -- Three-time champion Andy Roddick has pulled out of next week's Legg Mason Tennis Classic because of a partially torn abdominal muscle on his right side.

The tournament announced Roddick's withdrawal Thursday and said he was hurt while practicing.

Four other players are missing the hard-court tournament with injuries: two-time major champion Lleyton Hewitt, Sam Querrey, Milos Raonic and Kei Nishikori.

The highest-ranked players in the field are No. 7 Gael Monfils and No. 9 Mardy Fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

What happened to Hewitt? He was playing Atlanta...
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Feel free to step it up anytime scrubs

Imma lookin at my team as one big anti-jinx for Fishie. The rest of y'all are welcome.

A worthy and noble sacrifice I was trying to do the same with Roddick for personal reasons...but no dice.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Just discovered that I have Roddick on my team too. I had been feeling pleased that I hadn't wasted a pick on him. At least I'm in the same boat as almost everyone else. Decision for everyone is: use up a trade to replace him this week, or keep him for the upcoming Masters Series events? The choice may help to spread out the standings a bit more after this tournament.

Ironically, one of the big beneficiaries of his withdrawl is his biggest fan, ptmcmahon, who now has the top two seeds for next week, without having to use a trade.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast