Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: New here

  1. #31

    Re: New here

    Hi I'm a newbie.
    is there a reason why im not allowed or cant create my own thread/post not just reply

    thanks

  2. #32
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    123 GO Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    44,851
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by southpawdragon View Post
    Hi I'm a newbie.
    is there a reason why im not allowed or cant create my own thread/post not just reply

    thanks
    Hi! And welcome! Yes, you have to have a certain number of posts before you can start you're own threads. It just gives the mods some time to weed out spammers from folks who are genuinely here to talk about tennis. I think you're close to that number.

    Please be sure to check out the guidance we've provided for starting new threads.

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ead.php?t=5577

    And again, welcome!
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

  3. #33
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    33,766
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by southpawdragon View Post
    Hi I'm a newbie.
    is there a reason why im not allowed or cant create my own thread/post not just reply

    thanks
    Hi southpawdragon! Welcome!

    We've had to limit new members from creating threads until they reach a specific number of replies. This is due to the amount of spam we receive from new members creating threads.

    The limit isn't too high, so hang around, join in the discussion and you'll get there.

  4. #34
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    33,766
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: New here

    Or... what Dryrunguy said.

  5. #35
    Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    W. Hollywood
    Posts
    3,653

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Hi southpawdragon! Welcome!

    We've had to limit new members from creating threads until they reach a specific number of replies. This is due to the amount of spam we receive from new members creating threads.

    The limit isn't too high, so hang around, join in the discussion and you'll get there.
    Odd as this may sound, I haven't started ONE thread in like 5 years. welcome SPD.
    Open wide.

  6. #36
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    33,766
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    Odd as this may sound, I haven't started ONE thread in like 5 years. welcome SPD.
    That's because the rest of us say what you'd want to say before you have a chance to say it.

  7. #37

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Hi! And welcome! Yes, you have to have a certain number of posts before you can start you're own threads. It just gives the mods some time to weed out spammers from folks who are genuinely here to talk about tennis. I think you're close to that number.

    Please be sure to check out the guidance we've provided for starting new threads.

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ead.php?t=5577

    And again, welcome!
    ok thanks for the clear up

  8. #38

    Re: New here

    i wanted to make a thread about
    celebriites who play tennis.

    I recently found out Hayden panettierre and Bar Rafeli plays tennis. Any other ones. Not necessarily female

    Can someone post a thread like that ..

  9. #39
    tined01
    Guest

    Re: New here

    Hi does anybody know why it will allow me to reply but not to start new thread?

  10. #40

    Re: New here

    Quote Originally Posted by tined01 View Post
    Hi does anybody know why it will allow me to reply but not to start new thread?
    You have to have a certain amount of posts. What thread do you want to create?... maybe we can help...
    THRNY 2014 is open! Entries due by July 14.

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad-to-New-York

  11. #41

    newbie... hello !!!

    Hello friends... I am Celina Dsouza. Me too new this forum. I love tennis. I just registered myself to the forum. Found it to be a really interesting place. Looking forward to share and learn new things from this forum.

  12. #42
    Tour Champion
    Awards Showcase

    skatingfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,548

    Re: New here

    Welcome Celina
    We All Play for Canada

  13. #43
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    10,295
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New here

    Welcome!
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

  14. #44
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    shtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    20,999

    Re: New here

    Hello, Celina. Enjoy!

  15. #45
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    33,766
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: New here

    celina29
    Hello, Grigor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1