Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast
    K Sedia

Re: [Golf] News and Discussion

Tiger makes some incredible shots to get himself out of trouble. Problem is that he makes so many shots that get him into trouble.

This passes for wisdom where I live.

K Sedia

Tiger and Elin had a baby daughter, Sam Alexis. Awww.

Quote Originally Posted by K Sedia View Post
    Tiger and Elin had a baby daughter, Sam Alexis. Awww.
    One day after the USO? Wow, that's timing! Congrats to the Woods clan
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    One day after the USO? Wow, that's timing! Congrats to the Woods clan
    That's brilliant - I have a feeling he will be a great dad. The day after father's Day too.

Blog Entries

Congrats to Tiger and Elin! Pity he could not win the US Open as well, but there's always next time.

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

K Sedia

Here is Baby Woods:

K Sedia

Wie's woes continue. She pulled out of the Open. Her wrist or some such.

On a day when Shiho Oyama took a share of the clubhouse lead and 12-year-old Alexis Thompson's history-making trip to the Open likely came to an end, Wie made a more abrupt exit by withdrawing after aggravating a wrist injury that has lingered since January.

"I just kind of woke up, and it was really sore," Wie said. "But it was OK. It held up. ... I tweaked it. And then after that it kind of went downhill. I don't remember hurting this much again."

Wie, who shot a first-round 82, was at 6-over through the back nine when she sent her tee shot on No. 1 into the left rough. Immediately after striking her second shot, she approached USGA personnel and walked off the course.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by K Sedia View Post
    Wie's woes continue. She pulled out of the Open. Her wrist or some such.
    The Monique Viele of the WTA? or the Kournikova?
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Monique Viele of the WTA? or the Kournikova?
    Monique Viele? Wasn't she the one that was rumored to have played in some "adult" entertainment? Either way, Wie ain't there yet by a long way. Nike paid her 10 million when she turned pro, so that should last a while at least. And then there's the rest of the endorsement deals. But from the moment she was really in the spotlight, it's been all complaints, worsening results, blaming others and now this issue with her wrist. For the time being, she's not making good on the promise she once showed at all. Shame, really.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Michelle needs to stop playing men's events, first and foremost. A lot of her shoulder problems most definitely stem from her attempts to hit every ball 30-50 yards farther than she's able to, just to keep up. It's not like she's had any success in her half-dozen attempts; she's never made a cut. Once she commits and refocuses her undeniable talent to the LPGA tour, she can be the force that everyone knows she can be.

On a different note, congratulations to Cristie Kerr for winning the U.S. Women's Open by two shots over Lorena Ochoa and Angela Park (an 18-year-old, Brazilian-born, Korean player I honestly had not heard of before this tournament). Despite Kerr's demons, she was the only person to make the 18th green in two shots in her final threesome (that included Ochoa and Morgan Pressel, who had a sad finish to her tournament), and gave herself three putts to win on the final hole. She just barely needed two, and she picks up her first major. It's just a matter of time before Lorena gets hers, to be sure.
    Last edited by beaujarkko; 07-01-2007 at 06:17 PM.
    I'll miss you!

I wonder if Wie is suffering from the same issues that plague Donald Young?

That said I kind of expected Ochoa to win this.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I wonder if Wie is suffering from the same issues that plague Donald Young?
    You mean too much pressure? Probably, also unlike Young she used to be competitive with top players...

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    Morgan Pressel, who had a sad finish to her tournament
    My memory works in splashes. Wasn't it two years ago that Morgan was in contention for the USO crown before Birdie Kim nailed that amazing shot for birdie (ironically enough) from the 18th bunker?

It was either Pressel or another young American.

jj
    Blue Steel

People forget that although they're older teens they're still kids who deep down want to please their parents and other adults.

I think Wie needs to go back to the LPGA and work her way back to the form she once displayed as someone has already said.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    My memory works in splashes. Wasn't it two years ago that Morgan was in contention for the USO crown before Birdie Kim nailed that amazing shot for birdie (ironically enough) from the 18th bunker?

It was either Pressel or another young American.

jj

It was indeed. Morgan actually was tied with her at the time and didn't do anything to give it away. The title was taken from her with that shot.

Pressel was actually the first of the young group of girls (Wie, Pressel, Gulbis, Creamer) to win a major, which she did earlier this year. Ironically, she won by making a clutch birdie on 18 before Suzann Pettersen of Sweden played the last four holes in 4-over-par (I believe) to give Pressel the trophy.

Since that time, Birdie Kim hasn't found herself much in contention for anything. If it were to be that way for Pressel had she won, I'm awfully glad she didn't.
    Last edited by beaujarkko; 07-01-2007 at 08:02 PM.
    I'll miss you!

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast