Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Politics Random Random

Oh FFS.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Oh FFS.
    What is up with your state and these "naked" ballot envelopes?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I have no idea what they are talking about. When I voted in the primary, the instructions were very clear and written in plain language--your sealed ballot goes inside the other envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Idiot has like 100 court cases pending to **** up the PA voting in any way he can to get him the state. This is one of the ways in which he could try to manipulate the results. It's an envelope within an envelope. The inner envelope needs to be there to be counted. Several states have this requirement, not just PA. The warnings are going out to hopefully minimize the mistakes but also in an effort to get the PA legislature to act (GOP controlled, so unlikely). The court already ruled on it, the second envelope stays as that is how it is worded in the law.

FYI, the main person doing the warning is a Democratic election official in Philly. Though it should be noted, in Philadelphia, the GOP election official has tried to come up with creative ways around potential mail-in voting challenges put forth by Idiot to make sure we still have mail-in voting options even if we lose the court challenges (we've won them thus far).

The Greater Philly area was one of the main targets of the USPS, our mail is super slow right now. It might get somewhere in the region in 7 days instead of the 10 days from a month ago. So nothing to brag about in their claims of improvement. It used to get there overnight just about every time, 2 days during the rare extremely busy times. Josh (our AG) is in court right now fighting the changes. Other rulings already handed down should help.

Arizona has a envelope within an envelope for the vote by mail. I think this is pretty common.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

BTW, for the record, my "Oh FFS" post was cast in the direction of Ted Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    BTW, for the record, my "Oh FFS" post was cast in the direction of Ted Cruz.
    ALL "Oh FFS" posts are cast in the direction of Ted Cruz, with some few exceptions that bounce all the way to Mitch.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Arizona has a envelope within an envelope for the vote by mail. I think this is pretty common.
    Laws have changed a lot in small ways since I bothered to look at election law closely. They vary widely from state to state. So while I have no idea if it's common these days, I know for sure it's not uncommon.

But, PA has a brand new non-pandemic related mail-in voting option this year. Most of our issues are magnified because of this. In the primaries, there were over 10,000 votes that weren't counted in Philly because of the inner envelope and that's where the concern is stemming from. Honestly, making this issue public will mitigate the issue greatly.

Page 867 of 867 FirstFirst ... 617767817842857863864865866867