Agree Agree:  2,492
Likes Likes:  2,699
Page 840 of 840 FirstFirst ... 590740790815830836837838839840
Results 12,586 to 12,598 of 12598

Re: Politics Random Random

Lindsey Graham
    @LindseyGrahamSC

Packing the Supreme Court... Bad idea. Liberal dream.

Trump’s 3rd term is looking better and better! ��
    Whatever they have on Lindsey must be the stuff families disown you for.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Ryan Struyk
    @ryanstruyk

July 2019 was the warmest month on record for the globe in data stretching back to 1880, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says.

LOLGOP
    @LOLGOP

The devil's greatest trick was getting you to worry about immigrants who want to pay for Medicare while polluters were carefully burning up your grandkids.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Trump pressured Mnuchin to label China ‘currency manipulator’, a move he had previously resisted

By Damian Paletta and Philip Rucker August 15 at 2:44 PM

President* Trump personally pressed Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to label China as a “currency manipulator” two weeks ago, a move Mnuchin had previously resisted, three people with direct knowledge of the push said.

The pressure from Trump revealed a more forceful West Wing role in the highly controversial decision. Mnuchin had repeatedly refused to designate China as a currency manipulation because China’s currency moves didn’t meet the Treasury’s established criteria for that action.

But Trump exerted immense pressure on him earlier this month, after the Chinese let their currency, the yuan, crossed a symbolic threshold that it had not passed in some time.

This came after an escalation in the trade conflict when Trump announced he would be putting a 10 percent tariff on $300 billion in additional Chinese exports, and the Chinese pledged retaliation. (This week Trump delayed some of those new tariffs out of concern for what they’d to do the U.S. economy during the holiday period.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...a93_story.html

So, were these people born without spines or have they been surgically removed? Were they born without the ability and will to say no or did their parents skip that part of the child rearing manual?

Come on man!

― Frank Zappa

The cruelty is the point

Robbie Gramer @RobbieGramer

The State Department's watchdog issued a scathing report on how Trump appointees treated career State Department employees in the bureau that oversees international organizations
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/15...reer-staffers/

This is an issue @columlynch and I have been reporting on for over a year. Among the things the Inspector General report details: Hostile work environment, State career officials accused of being 'traitors', discrimination, mismanagement. Full report here: stateoig.gov/system/files/e…

mentions The two appointees in question, Assistant Secretary Moley and Mari Stull, have issued responses. Moley issued responses in appendix to OIG report, ranging from denying accusations to saying he was unaware of certain issues to saying some things were mischaracterized

mentions Stull told us in a statement that the report is "politically motivated payback for my efforts to implement President Trump’s agenda over the resistance of Deep State bureaucrats who opposed his reform agenda”

Stull, cont'd: "I was never even given an opportunity to interview with the [inspector general] during my tenure with the Administration. The report contains false and misleading information.”
    OIG says in report Stull declined a request to be interviewed for the report

mentions In one example OIG tracked, Stull didn't believe the data compiled by an employee on a country's contributions to the UN, got angry, and threw the work product at another employee

mentions In another, a State official who accompanied the Congressional Black Caucus to the UN was accused of trying to 'thwart' Trump's agenda, as they were Democrats. Official was reprimanded, shut out of substantive work, eventually quit

mentions In another example, an employee was apparently told by Assistant Secretary they wouldn't hire a foreign affairs officer for a job because Stull didn't trust him due to his relationship w/ UN Palestinian Refugees org & the LGBTI community. A/S Moley denied this characterization:

This OIG report, now publicly available, was first reported by @nahaltoosi who has also followed these developments. The allegations around the IO bureau sparked Congressional probes as well as inspector general investigation

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...iation-1464586

A/S Moley, in response, called any allegation of homophobia patently false and said the behavior attributed to him does not reflect who he is and says multiple State officials can attest to this. Read Inspector General report in full here: stateoig.gov/system/files/e…

Dem Rep. Eliot Engel, chairman of House Foreign Affairs Committee, issued statement condemning these actions and called on Moley to resign or be fired.

This report is part of a ‘broader inquiry’ into politically motivated reprisals at State and Engel said ‘there is more to come’

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...238519808.html

― Frank Zappa

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, now we know at least two people successfully completed the Klobuchar Method of Staff Management training module...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Karine Jean-Pierre @K_JeanPierre

Republican Senators who are all up in 2020.

― Frank Zappa

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Forget sexual orientation.....can anyone even imagine being married to Sarah Palin????? GH

She is not a bad looking woman. I can see it, as long as I get the whip and chains and the full memoirs of the Marquis De Sade posted on the dungeon's walls.
    For sure.
    Missing winter...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I wonder how many lawyers it took to come up with "incompatibility of temperament"... It sounds so much nicer than "She's batshit crazy" or "The law won't let me shoot him without prosecution"...

Dry, I love that last post, but didn't you mean "....won't let me shoot HER without prosecution"???

GH

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Dry, I love that last post, but didn't you mean "....won't let me shoot HER without prosecution"???

GH
    No, I meant him. I was trying to be fair. Sarah has clearly been the most visible of the two, but he's a pill, too...

Agreed. GH

Page 840 of 840 FirstFirst ... 590740790815830836837838839840