Agree Agree:  2,459
Likes Likes:  2,655
Page 834 of 834 FirstFirst ... 584734784809824830831832833834
Results 12,496 to 12,506 of 12506

Re: Politics Random Random

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Ok. Mules and dromedaries, tents, goats and a lot of bullets. That should not be a lot.
    I'm thinking they take their turbans off and want to be provided something along these lines:

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

And unsurprisingly, nearly all the men were Republicans.

Philip Bump
    Verified account
    @pbump

Tallied the support by party and gender for anti-abortion bills in Georgia, Missouri and Alabama. Votes from male legislators were more than seven times the number of votes from women. https://wapo.st/2w4mZ3i

Pé Resists
    @4everNeverTrump

Infant mortality rates around the world:
    —Australia: 3.5
    —EU: 3.6
    —Canada: 4.3
    —Cuba: 4.8
    —USA: 5.8
    —Missouri: 6.2
    —Georgia: 7.3
    —Alabama: 7.4
    —Russia: 7.4
    —Mississippi: 8.8

Oddly, the GOP doesn't put the same energy into infant mortality that it does into abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Pé Resists
    @4everNeverTrump

Infant mortality rates around the world:
    —Australia: 3.5
    —EU: 3.6
    —Canada: 4.3
    —Cuba: 4.8
    —USA: 5.8
    —Missouri: 6.2
    —Georgia: 7.3
    —Alabama: 7.4
    —Russia: 7.4
    —Mississippi: 8.8

Oddly, the GOP doesn't put the same energy into infant mortality that it does into abortion.
    They don't care what happens to you after you're born.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Cuba significantly better than the whole country, and MUCH better than those southern states and Missouri. How embarrassing is that??? GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Cuba significantly better than the whole country, and MUCH better than those southern states and Missouri. How embarrassing is that??? GH
    Right, but Cuba has excellent health care. It should be a model for other small countries. And US states of course.

David P Gelles
    ‏Verified account
    @gelles

KISS frontman Gene Simmons was at the Pentagon today and spoke with DoD employees.

Simmons spoke from a podium that has not seen a spokesperson brief in almost a year.

May 31, 2018 was the last time a press secretary delivered an on camera briefing at the Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    Right, but Cuba has excellent health care. It should be a model for other small countries. And US states of course.
    Disagree. Cuba has excellent PR people telling the world that they have excellent health care.
    We have been inundated by Cuban Drs in Venezuela. Their level is roughly that of a Venezuelan Paramedic. Good for tummy aches and the such.
    A good friend/former boss had an eye condition at the beginning of the 2000's. An Argentinian, he went to Cuba for treatment. He returned very satisfied and apparently cured. He is currently blind (he is older than I am, around mid 70's) and his local doctors tell him these are the effects of the Cuban surgery.
    (My two cents, from the Vennie that really hates Cuba)
    Starry starry night

Collins Watch
    ‏@CollinsWatch

Wow. Check out the statement Susan Collins gave a local TV station on the AL abortion bill. Guess who's running in a GOP primary!?! #mepolitics

Josh Dorner
    ‏@JoshDorner
    Josh Dorner Retweeted Collins Watch
    Susan Collins just doesn't have any idea why states are suddenly passing abortion laws. Gee, I wonder if it has to do with the two anti-Roe Supreme Court justices she voted for?

She is perhaps the worst kind of GOP'er. A total hypocrite, that seems to be always talking about the right things and then, as the person above says, ends up voting alongside Tiny.
    Starry starry night

Is this the most embarrassing performance before Congress ever?

Rep. Katie Porter
    ‏Verified account
    @RepKatiePorter

I asked @SecretaryCarson about REOs - a basic term related to foreclosure - at a hearing today. He thought I was referring to a chocolate sandwich cookie. No, really.

pic.twitter.com/cYekJAkRag

Page 834 of 834 FirstFirst ... 584734784809824830831832833834