Agree Agree:  1,986
Likes Likes:  2,220
Page 732 of 732 FirstFirst ... 482632682707722728729730731732
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 10980

Re: Politics Random Random

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    And tonight the interim party leader had to release a statement about it. It sounds like they're getting ready to cut him loose from the party! https://twitter.com/MBellefontaine/s...65907004723200
    To quote Patrick Mouratoglou: Proud
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Dan Diamond‏Verified account
    @ddiamond

With Intel’s CEO quitting, here’s an updated list of members of Trump’s manufacturing council.

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

NBC News‏Verified account
    @NBCNews

Protesters display a giant inflatable rat in the likeness of President Trump ahead of his arrival at Trump Tower in New York City

shauna‏Verified account
    @goldengateblond

shauna Retweeted NBC News
    Someone has an eye for detail — note the little Confederate flag cufflinks and the Russian flag lapel pin.

An explanation for those who don't live in New York City:

During labor disputes union workers park a large helium filled rat in front of the offending company's headquarters. It looks like this:

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

My friend went to the protest and said the police were not playing nice. There are unconfirmed reports of press being injured by police.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

My time now will be focused exclusively on my family and on the constituents of Strathmore-Brooks, who I am honoured to represent in the Legislature. My family and my constituents are the most important things to me, and I want to do them proud.

I’m a flawed man, and I can do better. If I have let anyone down, know that I have let myself down, and I will prove that that I am the man that I hold as the standard for trust and integrity.
    Translation:

I f**ked up big time and got caught so I'm going to have to step aside and deal with law enforcement breathing down my neck. You will see pictures of me with my family to prove that I'm really not the d***he you think I am.

I really hope this goes no further.

Sincerely...

Canadians holding a politician accountable. How strange.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Care to start working on taking down politicians south of the border, Woody?

Scott Gilmore‏Verified account
    @Scott_Gilmore

Alt-left, violently coming at the alt-right, circa 1944.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Care to start working on taking down politicians south of the border, Woody?
    Got solid protections for whistleblowers yet?

Woody: Official Hero of TAT!!!
    Starry starry night

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Got solid protections for whistleblowers yet?
    Don't worry, we'll get you deported back!

Trump’s business advisory councils disband as chief executives repudiate president over Charlottesville views
    By Jena McGregor August 16 at 1:24 PM

President Trump’s relationship with the American business community suffered a major setback on Wednesday as the president was forced to shut down his major business advisory councils after corporate leaders repudiated his comments on the violence in Charlottesville this weekend.

Trump announced the disbanding of the two councils -- the Strategy & Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Council, which hosted many of the top corporate leaders in America -- amid a growing uproar by chief executives furious over Trump's decision to equate the actions of white supremacists and protesters in remarks Tuesday at Trump Tower.

Earlier Wednesday, the CEOs of Campbell Soup and the conglomerate 3M resigned from the manufacturing council, as other business leaders faced pressure to take more dramatic action.

“Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville,” Campbell Soup chief executive Denise Morrison said in announcing her resignation. “I believe the president should have been – and still needs to be – unambiguous on that post.”

As the number of resignations swelled, Trump announced on Twitter afternoon that he'd shut down the councils. “Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum. I am ending both,” he wrote.

The dissolution of the councils was a remarkable moment for Trump, who has made his corporate experience and ability to leverage America's business potential as one of his chief credentials. It also marks a rapid descent for a president who has alternatively praised and attacked the decisions of corporate leaders, and whose policy choices on issues like immigration and climate change antagonized them.

Many corporate leaders have still stayed close to the White House, in hopes that having a voice at the table was better than none at all, and with an eye toward winning favor as Washington has eyed changes to the tax code and infrastructure spending that could be worth trillions.

But Trump's insistence blame fell on "many sides" for the violence that occurred in Charlottesville over the weekend, which included the alleged killing of a woman by a white supremacist driving a car into a crowd of protesters, seemed to push many chief executives over the ledge.

Merck chief executive Ken Frazier, one of the few African Americans represented among the business leaders advising Trump, was the first to resign from the manufacturing council, and others have announced they'd be parting ways since.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aking-news-bar

Page 732 of 732 FirstFirst ... 482632682707722728729730731732