Agree Agree:  2,017
Likes Likes:  2,226
Page 698 of 738 FirstFirst ... 448598648673688694695696697698699700701702708723 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 11058

Re: Politics Random Random

My kids are coming to Florida on vacation. We have to pick up a rental van at Melbourne Airport Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, I was not thrilled to hear about the rally.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Why isn't the GOP moving on to impeach 45? If you think about it:
    1. The vast majority of people disapprove of him. So no harm there.
    2. They would look patriotic. No harm there.
    3. Dems will back them up. So no sweat.
    4. Then, Pence, who is a real republican, gets to be president, and his anti-gay, anti-abortion, hyper religious agenda kicks in. A slam dunk for the GOP and their lunatic base.
    5. And if they hurry up, it is Pence that gets to nominate the SCOTUS puppet, so even better. Plus, they get to nominate a whole bunch of people that will look sane in comparison so they get to gerrymander the entire country and position themselves better for the mid terms, which they can then steal.

Why don't they start impeachment procedures? It is a win scenario for them, all the way. And they have all the tools to do so.

I don't get it.
    Because they have a lot more crap to get done while DJT is taking all the heat and spotlight. They're quietly pushing a bunch of crap through. And they're going to drop Obamacare of course. And then when it all goes to hell, they can pin it on Trump, give him the boot, and move forward without much blame. I suspect this happens around January 2018.

The Washington Post has posted a complete transcript of Trump's press conference - if you feel like you haven't tortured yourself enough today - with annotations correcting Trump's lies and misstatements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d495d76b32fd
    We All Play for Canada

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    My kids are coming to Florida on vacation. We have to pick up a rental van at Melbourne Airport Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, I was not thrilled to hear about the rally.
    Stay safe, Winston!

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 2h2 hours ago
    Poll: @POTUS's job approval.

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Because they have a lot more crap to get done while DJT is taking all the heat and spotlight. They're quietly pushing a bunch of crap through. And they're going to drop Obamacare of course. And then when it all goes to hell, they can pin it on Trump, give him the boot, and move forward without much blame. I suspect this happens around January 2018.
    Ok. Thanks, that makes sense. Not that Pence would stop congress from all he regulations being slashed and all the things being done.
    Starry starry night

I would think the longer Pence is associated with the Trump admin the more at risk he becomes. So it will be interesting how long it actually takes. Much depends on the opportunities Trump gives the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Fox News ‏@FoxNews 2h2 hours ago
    Poll: @POTUS's job approval.

But Trump said it was 55% approval just yesterday. I mean, if even FoxNews is doing Fake News against him, he's only got Breitbart and Alex Jones left!

Nate CohnVerified account
    ‏@Nate_Cohn
    Trump down to 38% in Gallup, in first poll entirely post-Flynn

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Stay safe, Winston!
    Thanks
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Nate CohnVerified account
    ‏@Nate_Cohn
    Trump down to 38% in Gallup, in first poll entirely post-Flynn
    The press is commenting on how unprecedented this is, that the traditional honeymoon period is nowhere to be seen, and I'm just sitting here recognizing that 38% of the country are watching this insane shit show and thinking "Yay! More of this please!!!"

The Pew poll from yesterday showed that among Republicans he is rated highly. They only need to hold onto that base and hope that via suppression tactics they keep the turnout low. He did lose the popular vote by a substantial margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thing is, if they drop Obamacare and a bunch of other things, try as they might to pin it on Trump alone, the party as whole will be held responsible and will lose the executive and seats. I don't see how a general sh*t storm doesn't affect ALL Republicans. They can't hide when they hold the House, Senate and WH.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Considering how many times congress voted to repeal Obamacare, even before the election, I don't see how the GOP can pawn that one off on The Donald.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Considering how many times congress voted to repeal Obamacare, even before the election, I don't see how the GOP can pawn that one off on The Donald.
    I mean, they'll just let him call it Trumpcare? I'm no rocket surgeon, but this seems pretty simple. They draft up the evil program they want, let him put it forward, and they grudgingly support it.

Page 698 of 738 FirstFirst ... 448598648673688694695696697698699700701702708723 ... LastLast