Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

recordsin tiebreakers

always wondered if there are reliable statistics on success in tiebreakers.. i know there are annual figures, but lifetime? when the tiebreak system was first introduced, we all thought it would favor the big servers, but it has turned out to be not so - Agassi did better than Sampras, and Safin did the worst among the top players, from what I have seen.. in the end, it seems to be more about mental strength andknowing you own game than about anything else.?
    Last edited by ashok; 04-05-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo

Re: recordsin tiebreakers

Quote Originally Posted by ashok View Post
    always wondered if there are reliable statistics on success in tiebreakers.. i know there are annual figures, but lifetime? when the tiebreak system was first introduced, we all thought it would favor the big servers, but it has turned out to be not so - Agassi did better than Sampras, and Safin did the worst among the top players, from what I have seen.. in the end, it seems to be more about mental strength andknowing you own game than about anything else.?
    Go to the ATP website and use their Fed Ex reliabilty index to find out info.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Re: recordsin tiebreakers

thanks! very useful..