Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567132853103253 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Election 2012

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    True. And even if he's Bristol's son, Levi isn't necessarily the father.

That said, I think, at this point, we would want, as my mother would say, to leave well enough alone.
    Strange. I had assumed back when I first heard about this almost 2 years ago that Levi was NOT the father, if this scenario was the case. Never gave that a thought. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Strange. I had assumed back when I first heard about this almost 2 years ago that Levi was NOT the father, if this scenario was the case. Never gave that a thought. Not sure why.
    Interesting. Did you give any thought, if this scenario was the case, to who, then, might be the father?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    Interesting. Did you give any thought, if this scenario was the case, to who, then, might be the father?
    Nope. Just assumed some dude. Bristol is a nice girl, but I suspect she knows the Good Humor Man.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

So does anyone know if there are any lapses in the Palin girl's school attendance?
    Open wide.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    So does anyone know if there are any lapses in the Palin girl's school attendance?
    There are some reports that Bristol transferred schools and was quarantined for mono for FIVE months (which seems pretty excessive). It's near the end of this five months that she would have conceived the child attributed to her (which would be just a few months after someone gave birth to Trig). But those sources are of questionable credibility. At least in terms of the ones I've seen. Blogs with no links to substantiating sources.

And that's if I really follow the timeline.

From what I've been able to gather, Bristol was completely out of sight during the months in question. Not suggesting anything by saying that. I'm just saying. There are NO photos of her from that time frame.

Dry, Craig, are you saying that Ms Palin had unlawful carnal knowledge not just of Levi but of various and sundry other men in bucolic Wasila(sp)?

Funny I've never thought that Levi wasn't the father. And I'm the one who finds a conspiracy in opening a can of soda (or pop for those of us in the Mid West).

I don't know what to make of the Down's syndrome. I do know that now pregnant women regardless of age are given the test for it. Has the incidence of Down's among younger women gone up? I don't know but if they're testing everyone there has to be a reason.

Craig I guess I misread your post.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Dry, Craig, are you saying that Ms Palin had unlawful carnal knowledge not just of Levi but of various and sundry other men in bucolic Wasila(sp)?
    In honor of the president, let me be clear.

I have no such knowledge. I'm just saying it never crossed my mind that, if Bristol is Trip's mother, Levi is his father. Very well could be. Nor would I think Bristol is a slut for being sexually active. Or maybe Levi was her one and only.

There are two other "really out there" possibilities as well.

1) What about the son that is in the military? He's more than old enough to father a child. Maybe shipping him off to Iraq during the campaign had two political objectives? It's "out there", but since we're talking theories... Everyone has focused on Bristol. She's not the only Palin child of reproductive age.

2) Perhaps Trip was adopted on the black market and his birth records are suspect (don't have the proper seals, etc.)? That would explain why no one has provided a copy of them. Though you'd think the governor of all people would have the easiest time getting a doctored birth certificate. This also would explain why Sarah never looked pregnant and why hospital staff can only speak about his birth in the passive voice.

Just nutty theories.

On the theory that it could be the boy Palin's baby: I would say not a chance. The shame, face savings, and cover ups almost always fall on the girl and the family of the girl who went away.

I missed all this
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

April 17, 2011

The New Republican Landscape

Six months after voters sent Republicans in large numbers to Congress and many statehouses, it is possible to see the full landscape of destruction that their policies would cause — much of which has already begun. If it was not clear before, it is obvious now that the party is fully engaged in a project to dismantle the foundations of the New Deal and the Great Society, and to liberate business and the rich from the inconveniences of oversight and taxes.

At first it seemed that only a few freshmen and noisy followers of the Tea Party would support the new extremism. But on Friday, nearly unanimous House Republicans showed just how far their mainstream has been dragged to the right. They approved on strict party lines the most regressive social legislation in many decades, embodied in a blueprint by the budget chairman, Paul Ryan. The vote, from which only four Republicans (and all Democrats) dissented, would have been unimaginable just eight years ago to a Republican Party that added a prescription drug benefit to Medicare.

Mr. Ryan called the vote “our generation’s defining moment,” and indeed, nothing could more clearly define the choice that will face voters next year.

His bill would end the guarantee provided by Medicare and Medicaid to the elderly and the poor, which has been provided by the federal government with society’s clear assent since 1965. The elderly, in particular, would be cut adrift by Mr. Ryan. People now under 55 would be required to pay at least $6,400 more for health care when they qualified for Medicare, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Fully two-thirds of his $4.3 trillion in budget cuts would come from low-income programs.

In addition to making “entitlement” a dirty word, the Ryan bulldozer would go much further in knocking down government programs to achieve its goals. It would cut food stamps by $127 billion, or 20 percent, over the next 10 years, almost certainly increasing hunger among the poor. It would cut Pell grants for all 9.4 million student recipients next year, removing as many as one million of them from the program altogether. It would remove more than 100,000 low-income children from Head Start, and slash job-training programs for the unemployed desperate to learn new skills.

And it would do all that while preserving the Bush tax cuts for the rich, and even expanding them. Regulation of business and the environment would be sharply reduced.

The mania for blindly cutting has also spread to statehouses, many with new Republican governors and legislatures. Several states have cut their unemployment benefits below the standard 26 weeks. Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona has proposed removing 138,000 people from Medicaid. Many recession-battered states, including some led by Democrats, have been forced to cut other services because Republicans have made it so politically difficult to raise taxes. Education, mental health and juvenile justice funds have been particular targets.

In Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Maine and Florida, Republican governors have used the smokescreen of a poor economy to pursue a long-held conservative goal of destroying public and private unions. This has nothing to do with creating jobs, of course, and it has shocked many blue-collar voters who are suddenly second-guessing their support for Republicans last November. Several states are also adopting Arizona-style anti-immigrant laws.

President Obama, after staying in the shadows too long, is starting to illuminate the serious damage that Republicans are doing. Their vision, he said last week, “is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America.” Other Democrats are also beginning to stand up and reject these ideas, having been cowed for months by the electoral wave. Their newfound confidence will give voters a clearer view of this bare and pessimistic landscape.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/op...mon1.html?_r=1
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Funny I've never thought that Levi wasn't the father. And I'm the one who finds a conspiracy in opening a can of soda (or pop for those of us in the Mid West).

Craig I guess I misread your post.
    I wouldn't doubt it if Bristol was Alaska's bicycle.

I also wouldn't doubt that Levi wasn't the father of Trig, if Trig is Bristol's son.

Have the Dems finally grown a pair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7Fi...layer_embedded

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Excellent!
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That's hilarious!

Where did they get the $12.5K number?

Freshman Rep. Mike Grimm, the lone Republican in New York City's congressional delegation, came home for the first of two town halls last night. Based on the New York Times' account, he most definitely felt the heat—and did not acquit himself with glory. For starters, he didn't seem to grasp how actions taken in the past might effect events in the future:

“The deficit is due to the Bush-era tax cuts,” said someone else.
    “The whole deficit is due to the Bush- era tax cuts?” Mr. Grimm asked.

“A good part, a good part,” came the resounding reply.
    Former President George W. Bush was one of the evening’s frequent scapegoats, prompting Mr. Grimm, at one point, to ask: “This year’s deficit is due to George Bush? That’s insanity! That’s insane.”

How hard is it to grasp that tax cuts in the early part of the last decade are still crimping federal revenues today? Apparently, for Mike Grimm, the answer is "very."

He also seemed to have a poor understanding of how representative democracy works:

“We’ve heard your opinion,” he said, growing increasingly loud. “We know you disagree. You saying it 10 times isn’t going to change my mind. I get it, I respect it, I think you’re wrong.”
    When Ms. Devane said that Mr. Grimm was supposed to be representing her, he added: “You wouldn’t vote for me and I know that. I respect that. So don’t pretend you voted for me. You didn’t.”
    I suppose Mike Grimm would be amazed to learn that in a republic, elected officials are supposed to represent the interests of all their constituents, regardless of whether they voted for you, the other guy, or not at all.

But when the going got really tough, he showed his true colors, alternately accusing the crowd of magical thinking:

“What did I take away from this meeting? We need to tax the millionaires and billionaires and that’s the magical formula.”
    And treating the assembled gathering like schoolkids who just need to work out their energies on the playground:

As the crowd erupted into a loud chorus of “Boos,” he continued: "Get it all out, get it all out. It’s good to get it out. Get it out of your system.”

These raucous town halls are never easy for a congressman, I'm sure, but if you're going to vote to destroy Medicare, your life is just not going to be easy. Grimm sits in a swing district, and with the right opponent, he could wind up with a short tenure. More nights like these—indeed, he's hosting another town hall tonight (details here)—won't help him.

P.S. Lucky for Grimm, one topic that did not come up were the New Yorker's explosive allegations this week that Grimm, a former FBI agent, improperly interfered with a police investigation of a fight he was involved in with the husband of a woman he was dating. My summary makes this story sound much more anodyne than it really is, so click the link for more details. This one definitely seems like it's going to get worse before it gets better—if it ever does.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/0...ll?detail=hide

“If [the New Yorker’s] charges are true, it’s clear that Congressman Grimm abused his power as a law enforcement official and violated the civil rights of several New Yorkers,” said DeBlasio, who called on the NYPD and the Justice Department to release all documents pertaining to the decade-old incident.

“A matter this serious cannot be brushed under the rug. He owes it to his constituents to push for a full release of all records related to this incident so the truth can come out.”

According to the New Yorker, Grimm was working undercover for the FBI as a stock and currency trader in 1999 when, during his night out at the Caribbean Tropics nightclub in Queens, his date’s husband confronted him.

Gordon Williams, an NYPD officer who was moonlighting as a club bouncer at the time, told the magazine that he broke up the argument and separated Grimm and his companion from the angered spouse.

Grimm was seething as he was led away, telling Williams, “I’ll f—ing make him disappear where nobody will find him,” the magazine quotes Grimm as saying.

Grimm and his date left the nightspot, but returned at 2:30 am, only to be confronted by his date’s husband again, as well as three others, the article states.

This time, the men fought. When the fisticuffs were over, Grimm was flashing his gun, Williams told the New Yorker.

“[Grimm] was carrying on like a madman,” Williams explained. “He’s screaming ‘I’m gonna f—in’ kill him.’ So I said to him “Who are you?’ He put the gun back in his waist and said ‘I’m a f—ing FBI agent. … Nobody’s gonna threaten me.’ ”

Grimm left the club, returning at 4:30 am with another FBI agent and a handful of police officers, Williams told the magazine.

“Everybody get up against the f—ing wall,” Williams remembered Grimm shouting. “The FBI is in control.”

Then, just as the mostly black crowd were lining up, Grimm barked , “All the white people get out of here,” an off-color — and possibly racist — comment Williams told the New Yorker he “would never forget.”

Democrats hoping to unseat the freshman legislator next year have been having a field day with the article as political pundits and bloggers spent the last two days gossiping about it. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee even helped spread the word by emailing the article to media outlets throughout the city.
    http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories...11_5_6_bk.html

This guy's a real charmer ain't he?

Page 3 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567132853103253 ... LastLast