Agree Agree:  83
Likes Likes:  259
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4671869293949596
Results 1,426 to 1,428 of 1428

Re: Let's Discuss Science

The Nobel Peace Prize was established by Alfred Nobel because of his work with dynamite. He wanted to reward those who worked for peace. I did use the past tense in talking about him.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    The Nobel Peace Prize was established by Alfred Nobel because of his work with dynamite. I did use the past tense in talking about him.
    You're right of course, but he never knew that this dynamite would contribute to any World war too. I'm just reading that he bequeathed 94% of his wealth to these prizes, but by today's standards his wealth not really that remarkable. He gave away about 190 million in 2008 dollars.
    Roger forever

NOAA Satellites @NOAASatellites

3h
    On Jan. 16, 2020, #NOAA20 snapped this image of hazy #smoke from the #AustralianBushFires as it continues to drift over southern #SouthAmerica. Some is also being pulled into a strong swirling area of #LowPressure off the eastern coast. Read more: http://go.usa.gov/xdaBs

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4671869293949596