Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: In Memoriam

I'm so sorry about your friend, Glenn!

How sad...
    Roger forever

Thanks, folks. Part of what I am grieving about this morning is this: What an awful way to spend one's last 2 months. After a horrendous time on the ventilator, then he spent his last 2 months in rehab, at a place with incredibly restricted visitation. So one would hardly think of those last 2 months as high-quality time.

GH

Not only my condolences, my agreement on your comments. How can a disease become a political issue? (I know, the AIDS epidemic went through that too). How can a group of people turn their back on knowledge and science so severely, to the detriment of their fellow citizens, to this extent?
    A lack of political leadership and general empathy has led to such a botched response. Your friend is a casualty of these hyper-political times.
    Hope this will not happen to anybody else here. And if it were possible, elsewhere.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I'm so sorry for your loss Glenn.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Oh, Glenn... I'm so sorry. (a socially distanced hug)
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

So sorry, Glenn. Your comments will be well-received by many, but there are those crazy people who will not be budged.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss Glenn
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Glenn, my condolences. We just loss a member of our church family here yesterday - she died 2 days after going into the hospital. A very sweet 80 year old lady.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

My condolences Glenn
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Jeff, Thanks, and in return, my condolences on the loss of your church friend. I grieve for her as well, though I never knew her obviously. We are in times that are likely to get a lot sadder before they get better. GH

Carl Reiner , age 98, has passed away.

We own The Russians are Coming, the Russians are Coming. Will have to re-watch tonight.

Don't forget DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID. Which I think is his (and Steve Martin's) masterpiece.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

carl reiner
    @carlreiner
    Inspired by all who took knees before me, I'll attempt to & hopefully succeed in taking a knee for equality & justice for all our citizens.

RIP
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Johnny Mandel, the arranger, composer and film scorer whose melody for “Shadow of Your Smile” from 1965’s “The Sandpiper” ensured his place in the American songbook, has died at his home in Ojai at age 94.

Mandel also was the arranger and composer of “Suicide Is Painless,” the familiar theme to the movie “MASH” as well as the TV series based on that film. He died Monday, according to Lauren Iossa, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of ASCAP.

“Shadow” won Mandel and lyricist Paul Francis Webster an Academy Award, and the pair also were nominated for “A Time for Love” from 1966’s “An American Dream.” Mandel also won Grammys for those songs and for his work as an arranger on several notable albums, including Natalie Cole’s “Unforgettable.”

During his many years in Hollywood, Mandel composed music for television movies, pilots and specials while along the way writing memorable songs such as “The Shining Sea” with Peggy Lee.

Another fine talent gone.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 196994109115116117118119120 LastLast