Agree Agree:  334
Likes Likes:  274
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878103118124125126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,912 of 1912

Thread: In Memoriam

Re: In Memoriam

How about saying Connery was the “most iconic” James Bond and leave at that?

(My best James Bond is an unpopular choice- Timothy Dalton).

As an 80’s child, I watched Highlander far too many times. Loved him in that.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm not sure why, but The Hunt for Red October is the Sean Connery film I just can't pass on when I'm flipping through channels looking for something to watch. RIP.
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

I guess your "best" Bond actor is the one you saw first. My first Bond film was "Live and Let Die" so I always liked Moore. He did not take the role seriously (He said it: A spy that is known by everybody? You cannot play it as a serious role).
    With MJ: Highlander was a great role for Connery. But after Bond, he was in a few good ones. Red October, Highlander, Untouchables.

He left his mark.

(Favorite Bond: Craig. He was the first one to realize that you cannot have a license to kill and be mentally balanced. But best Bond film? On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

This was a great anecdote found on Twitter

Werebraunger @Braunger

RIP Sean Connery. A character actor friend (who shall go unnamed) worked on “The Rock.” At one point Michael Bay tried to direct his acting. Sean casually turned to him & said, “Why don’t you go blow up a bridge?”

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I'm not sure why, but The Hunt for Red October is the Sean Connery film I just can't pass on when I'm flipping through channels looking for something to watch. RIP.
    I love that movie. The Jack Ryan stories aren't literary greatness, but they are always entertaining stories.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

May he rest in peace

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Saw him in The Name of the Rose on the first date I asked my husband to in 1986. Knew of the date turned out to be a bust, I could at least listen to Sean Connery's voice - one of my all time favorites. Today is the 34th anniversary of the day we met. Nice memory. RIP. He was a great talent.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878103118124125126127128