Agree Agree:  298
Likes Likes:  219
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 207095110116117118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,799 of 1799

Thread: In Memoriam

Re: In Memoriam

Reiner and Mandel....huge losses. Both were great talents and wonderful people. May they RIP. GH

RIP Mr. Mandel.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Broadway actor Nick Cordero has died from complications due to covid-19 at age 41. I had not heard of him before, but he was an early high profile case of a relatively young, healthy person hit hard by the disease. At one point, doctors had to amputate one of his legs because of blood clots, and earlier this week they were discussing the possibility of giving him double lung transplant.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So awful. He suffered so immensely. As did his family who had to watch it all unfold. Just horrible.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

It seems it was 90 days of hell for him and his family. He fought with all his might. May he rest in peace.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

This frigging disease is really capable of freaking you out. One day is one report of how many people go asymptomatic. Next day, it is a story like this one. Truly frightening.
    I did not know this man. Yes, RIP, and peace to his loved ones.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I have followed this case rather closely because it was a young person with almost every complication in the book. I really feel sorry for him and his family for what they went through. I felt a lot of that when my friend died 8 days ago who had dealt with it for 2 months...I was thinking: You suffered this long for naught. He did at times look like he was going to pull through. In retrospect, that almost makes it seem harder to deal with. Nick Cordero had the same trajectory.

May he rest in peace now. GH

May he RIP
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Local Seattle "celebrity" Mary Kay Letourneau has died of cancer at age 58. I'm not sure if this made national headlines or not, but she was known here in the mid-90's as the teacher who sexually assaulted one of her 12 year old students, had his baby while incarcerated, and later married him after she got out of prison (they divorced last year).
    Last edited by JTContinental; 07-07-2020 at 11:14 PM.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Local Seattle "celebrity" Mary Kay Letourneau has died of cancer at age 58. I'm not sure if this made national headlines or not, but she was known here in the mid-90's as the teacher who sexually assaulted one of her 12 year old students, had his baby while incarcerated, and later married him after she got out of prison (they divorced last year).
    Remembered when it got started. Think she already had 2 or 3 kids with her husband before starting that relationship.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

She's older than I thought. It seems like that story was just ten years ago.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Thanks for calling it what it was, JT. If I see one more headline mentioning her "affair with a sixth grader", I might explode.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Such a shame the marriage didn't last. Golly, how are supposed to believe in love stories?

Lasted about 13 years I think didn't it?
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 207095110116117118119120