Agree Agree:  339
Likes Likes:  278
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878103118124125126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1920

Thread: In Memoriam

Re: In Memoriam

How about saying Connery was the “most iconic” James Bond and leave at that?

(My best James Bond is an unpopular choice- Timothy Dalton).

As an 80’s child, I watched Highlander far too many times. Loved him in that.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm not sure why, but The Hunt for Red October is the Sean Connery film I just can't pass on when I'm flipping through channels looking for something to watch. RIP.
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

I guess your "best" Bond actor is the one you saw first. My first Bond film was "Live and Let Die" so I always liked Moore. He did not take the role seriously (He said it: A spy that is known by everybody? You cannot play it as a serious role).
    With MJ: Highlander was a great role for Connery. But after Bond, he was in a few good ones. Red October, Highlander, Untouchables.

He left his mark.

(Favorite Bond: Craig. He was the first one to realize that you cannot have a license to kill and be mentally balanced. But best Bond film? On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

This was a great anecdote found on Twitter

Werebraunger @Braunger

RIP Sean Connery. A character actor friend (who shall go unnamed) worked on “The Rock.” At one point Michael Bay tried to direct his acting. Sean casually turned to him & said, “Why don’t you go blow up a bridge?”

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I'm not sure why, but The Hunt for Red October is the Sean Connery film I just can't pass on when I'm flipping through channels looking for something to watch. RIP.
    I love that movie. The Jack Ryan stories aren't literary greatness, but they are always entertaining stories.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

May he rest in peace

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Saw him in The Name of the Rose on the first date I asked my husband to in 1986. Knew if the date turned out to be a bust, I could at least listen to Sean Connery's voice - one of my all time favorites. Today is the 34th anniversary of the day we met. Nice memory. RIP. He was a great talent.
    Last edited by Jeff in TX; 10-31-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Great story, Jeff. I once took a date to watch La Dolce Vita. Spent the rest of the night listening to how handsome Marcello Mastroiani was. We never again went out (her idea )
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Saw him in The Name of the Rose on the first date I asked my husband to in 1986. Knew if the date turned out to be a bust, I could at least listen to Sean Connery's voice - one of my all time favorites. Today is the 34th anniversary of the day we met. Nice memory. RIP. He was a great talent.
    The Name of the Rose... That was good stuff. Thanks for invoking that memory that had completely left my brain.

That said, I had no idea Sean Connery repeatedly defended hitting women when all other avenues had been exhausted. That was disappointing to read and soils him immensely.

It's like my mother said so long ago, more or less: "If you admire someone, never read anything about them."
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

This wonderful happy weekend just got dimmer. Alex Trebek has passed away after his long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm heartbroken.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Although I had stopped watching "Jeopardy" years ago Trebek remained a positive in my life. RIP.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Watch the video at the link of a recent post-show chat on Jeopardy. More than just their favorite game show host to some.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...91244391395328

ETA: Never mind--old tea that showed up today in my newsfeed for some reason
    Last edited by JTContinental; 11-14-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    Ritz Carlton Total Landscaping

This one hurts. And for the purposes of this forum, there was no greater advocate of the US Open in NYC than Dinkins. John McEnroe has said countless times how much his continued support meant for tournament. He loved tennis and attended every year.

The New York Times
    @nytimes

Breaking News: David Dinkins, New York City’s first Black mayor, who offered himself as a peacemaker to a troubled city, has died at 93.

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878103118124125126127128