Likes Likes:  148
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

TATChat Moderator hurricanejeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    What terrible news to wake up to. RIP, Liz
    Same here. Glad to hear she went peacefully though. Rest in peace violet eyes.
    There's a room where the light won't find you
    Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
    When they do
    I'll be right behind you

RIP Cleopatra.

I just saw that John Warner will speak to Andrea Mitchell around 1:00 on MSNBC.
    Blue Steel

No words for this. She was just as great an actress as she was a movie star. So sad.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

My favorite Liz Taylor quote:

“Without homosexuals, there would be no Hollywood, no theater, no arts”

The woman told it like it is.
    Last edited by Miles; 03-23-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

''"

So sad
    RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post

I wonder if this means Maggie Simpson will never speak another word?
    Several seasons later, she actually said her second word already, which was "ya"

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Several seasons later, she actually said her second word already, which was "ya"
    I missed that, Jessie. I only knew the first one, which was an incredibly touching moment. I stopped following The Simpsons regularly about 10 years ago, though I will still laugh at the occasional rerun I catch.

I think the New York Times does "big death" better than any paper, magazine or website in the world. Their coverage of Elizabeth today is incredible - if you were a fan, I cannot suggest strongly enough that you track down a copy.

The front page photo, in black and white, is absolutely stunning. She is both seductive and solemn in the photo - here it is, though the smaller size does not do it justice:

With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

I just read that, ostensibly because of her work with AIDS research, the Westboro Baptists have announced they will be making an appearance at Elizabeth Taylor's funeral service. These people never come up for air.
    Blue Steel

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    I just read that, ostensibly because of her work with AIDS research, the Westboro Baptists have announced they will be making an appearance at Elizabeth Taylor's funeral service. These people never come up for air.
    I thought the location of the service was not going to be disclosed?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    The media needs to stop advertising for them already.

a nevernude
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    The media needs to stop advertising for them already.
    Word. Trolls.

Here is a little history on Elizabeth and her AIDS awareness http://www.theawl.com/2011/03/elizab...ory-of-the-80s

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Elizabeth's family/people must have anticipated something like the Phelps whackadoos making a plan to cause havoc. The funeral service is happening this afternoon. Everything must have been arranged in advance.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Elizabeth's family/people must have anticipated something like the Phelps whackadoos making a plan to cause havoc. The funeral service is happening this afternoon. Everything must have been arranged in advance.
    Good.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

The quick funeral is in keeping with the Jewish tradition. She converted to Judaism for two of her marriages.

Geraldine Ferraro died today. I didn't even know she was sick!

Geraldine Ferraro dies, at age 75

(CNN) -- Geraldine Ferraro, a former congresswoman and vice presidential candidate, has died, according to family statement. She was 75.

In 1984, Ferraro was the first female vice presidential candidate from a major U.S. political party when she ran with Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale.

A resident of New York City, Ferraro died in Massachusetts General Hospital, surrounded by loved ones, and the cause of death was complications from multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that she had battled for 12 years, according to a statement released by her family from Boston, Massachusetts.

"Geraldine Anne Ferraro Zaccaro was widely known as a leader, a fighter for justice, and a tireless advocate for those without a voice. To us, she was a wife, mother, grandmother and aunt, a woman devoted to and deeply loved by her family," the family statement said. "Her courage and generosity of spirit throughout her life waging battles big and small, public and personal, will never be forgotten and will be sorely missed."
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/...t=T1&iref=BN1#
    Blue Steel

Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast