Agree Agree:  161
Likes Likes:  148
Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 517691979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1549

Thread: In Memoriam

Re: In Memoriam

Jeff, Thanks for the lovely note. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well and continue to do so. Gerald was lucky to have you. I'm sure you do and will continue to have many wonderful memories from all those years. I have been lucky enough to have a wonderful man come into my life well after my partner died. That certainly helped, and continues to help, my recovery.

In the most recent years, I had rarely thought about the Reagan and GHWB reactions to HIV. But the overly glowing tributes to GHWB have brought it back more than I thought it would. I don't and never will remember him in the positive terms you give. Those were incredibly tough years for all of us. I was averaging better than a funeral a month, and the government was completely unwilling to mount an adequate reaction. Probably that was the first time in my life that I felt that the government was having a direct impact on my life, and when that impact was so negative, it was and always will be hard to forget.

Obviously, I will move on, and yes, I have certain mechanisms of coping that not everyone uses. I actually don't think it has been totally negative for me to reflect on that time again, and to discuss it with close friends at home and in this thread. The discussion and support can also be an excellent coping mechanism.

Thanks again. GH

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Sully the Service dog (served GHW Bush) has a lovely Instagram gallery. Will be returning next door to me to Walter Reed to serve another.

https://www.instagram.com/sullyhwbush
    I disapprove of this message

Repeat: I will not "like" the posts related to HIV in this thread. It would be a menial thing to do.
    But rest assured that, as a straight man, they are greatly appreciated because they are so informative and well thought. It is very difficult for people like me, in countries where misinformation about HIV/AIDS abounds, to get more than the scientific/medical perspective. Your stories ground everything into a palpable reality.
    I applaud you.
    Starry starry night

Re: The World of Entertainment

Sondra Locke has passed.

Tom Reagan’s Hat @andymannion77

Sondra Locke’s treatment at the hands of Clint Eastwood & Warner Bros. was extremely unpleasant but her subsequent legal fightback was a thing to behold.

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director and actress Penny Marshall has died at age 75 from complications due to diabetes.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

May she RIP.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Director and actress Penny Marshall has died at age 75 from complications due to diabetes.
    She's done some wonderful work (A League of their Own is my favorite). I recently learned that my new(ish) apartment is across the street from the building where she and her brother Garry grew up. (Rob Reiner's family lives in a building on another corner here and they were later married for a while)

In a piece I saw before the Duke game last night, the ESPN anchor referred to A League of Their Own as "that Tom Hanks classic."

In a piece I saw before the Duke game last night, the ESPN anchor referred to A League of Their Own as "that Tom Hanks classic."
    Of course

She should at least have been nominated for best Director for AWAKENINGS.
    She did very well.
    Starry starry night

Jumpin' Jack Flash
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Broadway royalty Carol Channing has died at age 97

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Broadway royalty Carol Channing has died at age 97
    I saw her when she came to Dallas on a national tour of Sugar Babies.

May she rest in peace.

May she Rest in Peace.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

May she rest in peace. (I was surprised to hear she was still alive.)
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 517691979899100101102103104 LastLast