Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast

Re: Dem. Congresswoman Shot in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    "What we say, and how we say it, matters."
    Amen.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Federal Judge John Roll was killed during a shooting in Arizona that also involved an attack on U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

U.S. Marshal for Arizona David Gonzales confirmed to the Associated Press that the U.S. District Judge had died. He offered no other details on the shooting.

Arizona Central talked to Gonzales in 2009 after Roll allowed a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit to proceed against a local rancher. The case was filed by illegal immigrants and drew the ire of local talk radio hosts, who "spurred audiences into making threats."

In one afternoon, Roll logged more than 200 phone calls. Callers threatened the judge and his family. They posted personal information about Roll online.
    "They said, 'We should kill him. He should be dead,' " Gonzales said.
    Both Roll and his wife were given a U.S. Marshals Service protection detail at the time. Roll called the month-long protection experience "unnerving and invasive." According to Arizona Central, authorities identified four men believed to be responsible for the threats, but Roll declined to press charges at the recommendation of the Marshals Service.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_806239.html

Judge Roll was a native of Pittsburgh.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Governor Brewer was on and I missed it? Damn it. I had to run down to the office for a minute.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

According to FOX, Rep. Giffords used to be a Republican and is now a Bluedog Democrat. It doesn't matter, but I thought it was interesting.

According to KGUN () mrs. Giffords is out of surgery and still alive. "Doctors are optimistic about her chances of recovery."

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13807722
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Someone on CNN is saying that doctors are optimistic she'll recover.

I couldn't post a quarter of what I'm really thinking right now.
    Blue Steel

As Ti posted, the maps have apparently been taken down. Also notice the campaign event announcement for her tea party opponent during the campaign last year.

Blue Steel

And this might very well be a turning point... for the worse.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I hope it won't be a turning point for the worse...

I'm still fairly new here in AZ, I love it, but I think sometimes the rhetoric is a bit too much. there really needs to be more thought on what talking heads and others say and how they say it. Hopefully this will go to calm things down a bit.

Things have been a bit crazy here with the news. There was one story I heard that 4 elderly men were who subdoed the gunman.

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    As Ti posted, the maps have apparently been taken down. Also notice the campaign event announcement for her tea party opponent during the campaign last year.

People on Twitter keep retweeting the pics to make sure no one can deny they were ever there.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post

I apologize. I Googled "Sarah Palin Target Map" several hours ago and the few images I looked at did NOT have Rep. Giffords district on the map. Now when I Google the same thing, ALL of them do. That's why I stated that her district wasn't on the map.

"Shoot a fully automatic M16..." I'm sorry, I won't apologize anymore for calling these people out. I don't care who I offend. They're dangerous. And I fear that today we've seen the terrifying fruits of their labor. I'll say it again, Sarah Palin, Sharon Angle, and the fruit-loops who inject the possibility of violence into political discussion should be held responsible. Legally and criminally responsible.

This guy:

This guy:

and this guy:

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

They're reporting that Loughner is invoking his 5th amendment right for protection against self-incrimination.

Maybe I'm changing my views on water-boarding.

They said that the pictures re-appeared without the target on Gifford's district.

Oh brother...like that was gonna work.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been watching FOX all afternoon and evening, minus a 15-minute trip to the barn to feed critters.

If Sarah Palin has released a statement, FOX hasn't read it on air.

Nor has there been a SINGLE mention by either the talking heads or their guests about the vitriolic nature of the nation's discourse, particularly in Arizona in recent months, or the potential relationship between those words and these events. Which hasn't been established yet by any stretch of the imagination. But on CNN, they were discussing that possibility HOURS ago.

Not. A. Single. Mention.

Otherwise, FOX has been on its best behavior today. They love the fact that Giffords used to be a Republican and laud her "middle of the road" stance on an array of issues.

::

Sidebar: Sarah Palin lost any chance at a presidential bid today. She'll never escape the facts on this matter. And it may very well be a permanent reality for her. That goose may be completely cooked.

And if that's true, at least something good will come of this.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
    They said that the pictures re-appeared without the target on Gifford's district.

Oh brother...like that was gonna work.
    Ahhh. OK. Thanks. I feel better. I thought I was losing my mind.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast