Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Dem. Congresswoman Shot in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    why isn't anyone in AZ holding any kind of meaningful news conference? we're a few hours into this now.
    Another one just started.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

According to FOX press conference at the hospital, the one fatality at one hospital was a child.

The spokesman is "optimistic" about Rep. Gifford's recovery.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Rep. Giffords is not dead. She's in surgery. The Dr. who is speaking is "as optimistic has one can get about her recovery." He said the bullet went through her brain.

The one deceased person at this Dr.'s hospital is a child. He believes she was about 9 years old.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Your correspondents during this unfolding story are Dryrunguy and Kirkus.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Your correspondents during this unfolding story are Dryrunguy and Kirkus.

I never cease to be amazed why some tragedies don't really phase me much. And then others, like this one, have a profound effect on me and upset me so. It makes no sense.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Jan Brewer has SOME nerve to show her face publicly. Anyway, she's going to be doing a news conference shortly, probably after the President's.

SOME nerve.

Hope Helen Thomas is there. Unlikely.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Now FOX is reporting that a second person has been arrested?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post

I never cease to be amazed why some tragedies don't really phase me much. And then others, like this one, have a profound effect on me and upset me so. It makes no sense.
    I was trying to crack a joke... which was totally inappropriate. My apology.

I feel the same way. It's so very early, but I think this incident has the potential to be a powder-keg in our current political activities. I'm certain this will be a cause of "2nd Amendment Remedies" and could be the first in many more tragedies to come.

Plus, when innocent people are harmed, when children are killed, it breaks my heart... and makes me a little more frightened than I was before.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Jan Brewer has SOME nerve to show her face publicly. Anyway, she's going to be doing a news conference shortly, probably after the President's.

SOME nerve.

Hope Helen Thomas is there. Unlikely.
    Apparently the President is going to make an appearance. MSNBC is showing a presidential podium.

Governor Brewer is, imo, guilty of murder with her promise of transplants then reneging on those promises. I'm not sure where she has the b*lls to say anything.

Now FOX is reporting that a second person has been arrested?
    I just saw this on HuffPost.

Tucson Citizen:

"Police arrest man near Thornydale and Magee Roads who is suspected of being connected to the shooting of Giffords and others. A third man is being sought."
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I was trying to crack a joke... which was totally inappropriate. My apology.

I feel the same way. It's so very early, but I think this incident has the potential to be a powder-keg in our current political activities. I'm certain this will be a cause of "2nd Amendment Remedies" and could be the first in many more tragedies to come.

Plus, when innocent people are harmed, when children are killed, it breaks my heart... and makes me a little more frightened than I was before.
    No, I got your joke. No apology necessary.

I think why this incident gets me so badly is that I've been waiting for it since the 2008 election. It's possibly a fulfilling of my own personal prophecy. I hope it's not that.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

There's a news outlet in Tucson whose call letters are KGUN? Seriously?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Apparently the President is going to make an appearance. MSNBC is showing a presidential podium.

Governor Brewer is, imo, guilty of murder with her promise of transplants then reneging on those promises. I'm not sure where she has the b*lls to say anything.
    SOME nerve.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I just saw this on HuffPost.

Tucson Citizen:

"Police arrest man near Thornydale and Magee Roads who is suspected of being connected to the shooting of Giffords and others. A third man is being sought."
    A conspiracy. I'd feel better if it was a single nut-job.

No, I got your joke. No apology necessary.

I think why this incident gets me so badly is that I've been waiting for it since the 2008 election. It's possibly a fulfilling of my own personal prophecy. I hope it's not that.
    I'm afraid it will turn out to be that. The violent rhetoric was just too loud and too wide-spread to have not inspired some people.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

SOME nerve.

I'd rip out her liver, given the chance.
    And give it to one of the patients denied a transplant.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast