Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast

Re: Dem. Congresswoman Shot in Arizona

Tragic. So hard waiting to hear about the safety of friends and friends' families.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All the talking heads I'm hearing seem certain that this is politically motivated. They talk about it like it's a known fact. I don't know how they know that. But they're basically echoing what the sheriff has said.

::

Rep. Grijalva (D-AZ) just a few minutes ago on CNN, and I'm paraphrasing but this is close to a direct quote: "What we say, and how we say it, matters."

That's the best synopsis I've heard on this issue.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    All the talking heads I'm hearing seem certain that this is politically motivated. I don't know how they know that.

::

Rep. Grijalva (D-AZ) just a few minutes ago on CNN, and I'm paraphrasing but this is close to a direct quote: "What we say, and how we say it, matters."

That's the best synopsis I've heard on this issue.
    I'm hearing reports (from CNN I think) that Rep. Giffords was shot 'point blank' in the head. Her appearance was obviously promoted before hand, so the shooter would have known she was there. If that's the case, it sounds politically motivated to me.

If this turns out to be a second amendment remedy, Sharon Angle, Sarah Palin, and every whack-job that showed up to tea-bagger rallies with a gun strapped to their hip, should be held responsible.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    BTW, Rep. Giffords was not on Sarah Palin's target map.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Maybe not Kirk but Sarah has taken her website with that picture down.

katetropa kate
    "@SarahPalinUSA has crosshairs on our district; people have to realize there are consequences to that." - Rep Giffords http://bit.ly/dIAyBw

exiledsurfer exiledsurfer
    Sarah Palin just took down her website that had gun crosshairs on Rep Gabrielle Giffords, but here's a screenshot http://twitpic.com/3o7pgo

It's also being confirmed that Judge John Roll is among those killed. I believe he was a Federal judge.

BreakingNews US District Court Judge John M. Roll was among those wounded in Arizona - Pete Williams, NBC News
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

CNN says she is still in surgery..

http://www.cnn.com/

From Rep Giffords father:

Her father Spencer Giffords, 75, wept when asked if his 40-year-old daughter had any enemies.
    "Yeah," he told The Post. "The whole tea party."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1ATapcbLU
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Blog Entries

How tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

katetropa kate
    "@SarahPalinUSA has crosshairs on our district; people have to realize there are consequences to that." - Rep Giffords http://bit.ly/dIAyBw

Sarah Palin just took down her website that had gun crosshairs on Rep Gabrielle Giffords, but here's a screenshot http://twitpic.com/3o7pgo

It's also being confirmed that Judge John Lowell is among those killed. I believe he was a Federal judge.
    Even if the shooting didn't have political "reasons", I cannot believe a politician of a democratic party would put up a website like this. WTF is wrong with her?
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

NBC News is reporting that the Federal Judge has died. They're also reporting that Rep. Giffords was talking before being taken into surgery.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

katetropa kate

It's also being confirmed that Judge John Roll is among those killed. I believe he was a Federal judge.
    The target map was just taken down today, following this shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    The target map was just taken down today, following this shooting?
    Yes.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FOX (yes, I've switched to FOX for shits and giggles) is reporting that the perpetrator is a 22-year-old veteran who served in Afghanistan. But it's so early, that could be totally wrong.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    FOX (yes, I've switched to FOX for shits and giggles) is reporting that the perpetrator is a 22-year-old veteran who served in Afghanistan. But it's so early, that could be totally wrong.
    I'm watching FOX too. LOL.

We're puzzles. (Plus, I like Shepard Smith). He just said all FOX can confirm is that the shooter is a 22 year old white male.

Shooter id'd as Jared Laughner of Arizona.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

why isn't anyone in AZ holding any kind of meaningful news conference? we're a few hours into this now.
    Open wide.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    why isn't anyone in AZ holding any kind of meaningful news conference? we're a few hours into this now.
    They just did but the channel I was watching went to it late.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast