Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: 2011 Roland Garros Tailgate

Big congrats that it looks like you all at least got tickets. Hope that you all have a great time.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Big congrats that it looks like you all at least got tickets. Hope that you all have a great time.
    Merci And now it's your turn! The ballot results for Wimbledon tickets are anounced at the end of March, right?
    Coach Marion, at your service!

I ended up with category 1 tickets for Chatrier May 29th (hope the program is good and it's actually close enough to see well) and category 2 for Lenglen May 28th. A bit random choice, but next time I will know better.
    Roger forever

mmmm8 is my hero!
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

got Cat 2 tickets for May 28th for Chatrier. Yay!!

Hold on when you get love and let go when you give it...

Day-and-a-half later and the payment transaction is still "pending". How effing long does this take anyway??

Does anyone have any tips for getting autographs from players? Do's and Don'ts?
    Kvitova, Pliskova, Keys, Duval, Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Lisicki, Schiavone
    Retired: Bartoli, Li
    Avatar from Sasja at : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=439524&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    Don'ts: no roping, groping or doping

Do's: shove all those pesky kids trying to get the same aside

I'm not helping much, am I...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    Try the practice courts. Unless it's one of the very well-known players, chances are that you will be able to approach them at the end of their practice and ask them for one...

You may also want to try after the matches in the outer courts, but again, i'm talking about the less attended matches; that said, since some top players may be playing doubles in those courts, you may get lucky like that (that is how I got Elena's, my first autograph ever, and then it's a long story from there)...

Finally, it also happens that you run across a player on the grounds. If they're not too busy or in a hurry, just ask them politely: most will stop and sign, and the less-known ones will usually be happy that you recognized them.
    with Elena at IW 09!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manolo View Post
    Try the practice courts. Unless it's one of the very well-known players, chances are that you will be able to approach them at the end of their practice and ask them for one...

You may also want to try after the matches in the outer courts, but again, i'm talking about the less attended matches; that said, since some top players may be playing doubles in those courts, you may get lucky like that (that is how I got Elena's, my first autograph ever, and then it's a long story from there)...

Finally, it also happens that you run across a player on the grounds. If they're not too busy or in a hurry, just ask them politely: most will stop and sign, and the less-known ones will usually be happy that you recognized them.
    I've found that, in general, if you know a player has a match coming up- don't ask. Always better to ask when a player is done with their matches for the day.

Still, all in all, if you ask politely- the worst that happens is someone says no.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Just checked to see if the payment had been confirmed - it has! So, now that that's official, I need to start looking at a place or places to stay.....

Currently looking into hotels. I'm intending to stay in Paris until at least the monday after the men's final, but that just got me thinking about the wisdom of making that a tuesday. How many monday finals have we had at Roland Garros?

Will anyone be going during the first week (22-27th)??
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I'm going the first week. I'll be there the 24th, 25th and the day of the tailgate.
    Kvitova, Pliskova, Keys, Duval, Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Lisicki, Schiavone
    Retired: Bartoli, Li
    Avatar from Sasja at : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=439524&page=2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Will anyone be going during the first week (22-27th)??
    Ooh, you're coming to Paris this year? Awesome! I only have tickets for the weekend, but was planning to go to Paris a few days earlier, so maybe we can meet up for drinks afterwards?
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

I arrive late friday afternoon (27th) and have to find the hotel first So, I hope to see all of you on saturday morning. Anyone know of a good location to meet up? In New York we had the Unisphere, which was very easy to find (especially with more experienced tailgaters helping you along )

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast