Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Link TV

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Link TV

We have DirectTV and receive an Independent channel called Link TV. It's very interesting. They have a nightly show on called, "Mosaic". It's an hour of newscasts from the Middle East. Very different perspective. It just shows how sanatized our newscasts are. Anyone who's interested in current international events and has access to Link TV should check it out.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: Link TV

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    We have DirectTV and receive an Independent channel called Link TV. It's very interesting. They have a nightly show on called, "Mosaic". It's an hour of newscasts from the Middle East. Very different perspective. It just shows how sanatized our newscasts are. Anyone who's interested in current international events and has access to Link TV should check it out.
    DirecTV here ... I even have Link programmed in the guide, though I cannot remember why I did that because I can't recall ever watching anything there. I see Mosaic comes on at 8:30 here. I'll be checkin it out ... observing other perspectives is a good way to better understand ourselves. Thanks for the tip.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Now I remember why I programmed Link ... great stuff!

I'm watching Hijacking Catastrophe 9/11: Fear and the Selling of the American Empire. They're making a very compelling case that the true reason for the war in Iraq and in Afganistan is oil. They just showed a map that revealed how every one of our bases in Afganistan is located right next to the pipeline.

The agenda of this program is crystal clear ... and I don't agree with it all.

But the one fact that is unarguable ... The National Debt is 7 trillion dollars and Europe holds the notes on about a third of that. We have to pay that back, which means one day we'll be paying taxes and getting nothing. Education will suffer, health care, we're all going to take a hit ... I think we may need a guy like Perot to start focusing everyone's attention on the National Debt again, like he did in 92.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm can't remember the name of the show on LinkTV, but they showed a short clip from an interview with a former prisoner of Abu Graib. It wasn't more than several minutes in length, but was very powerful. He described in detail what he witnessed and experienced and by the end of the clip he was so distrought talking about it he was in tears. You could hear the anquish in his voice. It was one thing to see the photographs and another thing to hear a first hand account.

The narrator went on to say that Ted Koppel was the only western newsman to show any of these interviews, and he showed very little. It's obvious why our government wouldn't want things like this shown over here, but I wonder why the vast majaority of new outlets have ignored such reporting.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    I'm can't remember the name of the show on LinkTV, but they showed a short clip from an interview with a former prisoner of Abu Graib. It wasn't more than several minutes in length, but was very powerful. He described in detail what he witnessed and experienced and by the end of the clip he was so distrought talking about it he was in tears. You could hear the anquish in his voice. It was one thing to see the photographs and another thing to hear a first hand account.

The narrator went on to say that Ted Koppel was the only western newsman to show any of these interviews, and he showed very little. It's obvious why our government wouldn't want things like this shown over here, but I wonder why the vast majaority of new outlets have ignored such reporting.
    I know, we always hear that we have freedom of press here in this country ... but sometimes I wonder!