Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: AMitS '11: The Birrarung Marr Lounge

Fantastic stuff, missin'! Thx!

Surely most of us can live with this choice of location
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Lightbulb Re: AMitS '11: The Birrarung Marr Lounge

Tournament threads for the first week of January 2011 and the Australian Open can be found in the 2011 Members Tournament Information subforum! :yayness:

Lightbulb Re: AMitS '11: The Birrarung Marr Lounge

Jie Zheng is out until after the Australian Open. We've found a replacement for her: Olivia Rogowska. A bargain as a category E player? :cornmunch:

Don't forget: there's a sunday start in Brisbane! Start time is 10.30 AM local time, though the order of play could give those still to enter a team a few extra hours. More on that as soon as we know!

Down under is near! :auspom:

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Don't forget: there's a sunday start in Brisbane! Start time is 10.30 AM local time, though the order of play could give those still to enter a team a few extra hours. More on that as soon as we know!

Down under is near! :auspom:
    Translation for US residents is 7:30 PM USA EST(4:30 PM USA PST)
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

The order of play for tomorrow in Brisbane just confirmed the deadline of 10.30 AM local time to enter your team.

Sally Peers takes on Alisa Kleybanova in the first main draw ranking tournament match of 2011!

And, as Patrick mentioned (thank you!), that translates to 7:30 PM USA EST(4:30 PM USA PST) for US residents.

Re: AMitS '11: Post Your Team Here!

I literally noticed the deadline with 11 minutes to go.This is the fastest I ever picked anything

Re: AMitS '11: Post Your Team Here!

Quote Originally Posted by garp6 View Post
    I literally noticed the deadline with 11 minutes to go.This is the fastest I ever picked anything
    For that I consider you the early favorite now in this contest!

Oh noes! Deadline missed.

Bad luck mwoods...I didn't make it in with much time myself.

My team is definitely unique...everyone else took at least two A guys, while I took four A girls. I'm expecting to be at the bottom after week one but hope it'll pay off in the long run.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Bad luck mwoods...I didn't make it in with much time myself.

My team is definitely unique...everyone else took at least two A guys, while I took four A girls. I'm expecting to be at the bottom after week one but hope it'll pay off in the long run.
    Read like you took the Sydney strategy with your A team.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Exactly. Surprised no one went with 3 women 1 guy in A group. For A group I wanted to do 4 women in Sydney and 2 men 2 women for AO - which means I'll need to use 4 trades before AO anyways. I thought about it last year but didn't. May blow up in my face of course.

Fed & Nadal were tempting of course (and Sod) but both Fed & Nadal can't win so if I can get one of the other winners this week hopefully I won't be too far behind.

Yay...didn't lose anyone on day 1!

(of course I didn't have anyone play...)

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Surprised no one went with 3 women 1 guy in A group.
    I'm assuming that many of us think that the top men are more predictable and likely to win a ton of matches compared to the women of column A. AND, I also suspect that many of us are looking at the women of column B to do some serious damage when it's time for the Aussie Open. I mean, with Serena out, who knows what to think about which woman's gonna win this thing.
    Last edited by nelslus; 01-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

I suspect it's nothing so grand - only one A woman is playing this week and most of us have her.
    Roger forever

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast