Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Supreme Court Watch 2010-2011

Any chance this ruling is just throwing a bone to the Administration in preparation for a negative ruling on the individual mandate? Real question: To what degree does the SCOTUS play politics in its decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Any chance this ruling is just throwing a bone to the Administration in preparation for a negative ruling on the individual mandate? Real question: To what degree does the SCOTUS play politics in its decisions?
    This court? 100%.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    This court? 100%.
    I'll rephrase. To what degree does that affect where they throw their bones and to whom?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    The Supreme Court struck down Montana's 100+ years old law that said corporations can't buy elections. (which they were doing at the time the law was enacted.) One more victim of Citizens United.

Governor Brian Schweitzer apparently put up a video somewhere on line that the local news showed. I'm paraphrasing here, but he essentially said that he'll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.
    (emphasis mine)

http://www.ktvq.com/news/bullock-sch...paign-finance/

link is to the story, not the video. could'nt find that.
    I. Love. That. Quote.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I don't think this court, or any Supreme Court, would even think about softening the blow of any upcoming decision. I believe this an extremely political, activist court. I just don't see them giving a crap what people think about their decisions.

I like to think the right-leaners did what they did because they believed it was the constitutional thing to do.

Of course I still think Andy Roddick has another slam in him, so...
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789