Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: Perfect Loser Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercehart View Post
    It will be thrilling for me to finish in 4th or 5th place yet AGAIN. At least I can take some solace in the 4 sessions I'll attend in London at the YEC! Can't wait!!!
    I'd much rather have that ... but I will take a medal as consolation.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    Dear contest staff:

It was alarming for me to read PTM's latest unofficial scoring update...
    I would not be alarmed about what I put in my unofficial scoring updates It's more likely to be wrong than anything - I would say you should be more alarmed if my update says something good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Actually you may have a chance still Fiercehart...again...depending on my numbers. Here are the three scenarios I *think* are out there - and I have places 2 to 5 all within 10 points so I very very easily could've made another mistake. The top 5 all have Davydenko left - Drop also has Llorda so he's the key.

If Llorda wins the title - 2nd to Mysterx, 3rd to Fiercehart
    If Llorda loses the final without retiring - 2nd to Mysterx, 3rd to Dropshot
    Llorda retires, withdraws, or loses before final - 2nd to Drop, 3rd to Mysterx
    I'm not holding my breath on that one but it is nice being in the mix as we get down to the wire. Congrats ptmc, looks like you've wrapped up first (unofficially of course!)

I'm avoiding mentioning that because I'll probably jinx myself and realize I gave 1000 points to someone instead of 100!

By my 100% unofficial scoring I have the top 8 all within 250 points of each other (not giving any points to players still alive.) With everyone with 5-7 people left - although we all have Davydenko and Verdasco - this is still wide open. Mysterx and Oploskoffie putting up some big numbers so far to get close to the top. My unofficial leader right now is Miles (thanks to Youzhy retiring rather than losing for me), although I show him with Mayer and Tsonga still on the team, so that's a couple less people left then those closing in. Gonna be tight.

(disclaimer: as recently as yesterday I've screwed up my own scoring so take this with several grains of salt.)
    Thank you Simon.

I think (unofficially) the third spot is down to Miles and Mysterx - if Wawrinka loses I think Mysterx gets third, if not Miles does. I think Fiercehart is just a couple points behind Mysterx with the same people. Of course, if Wawrinka later withdraws, retires...that works for Mysterx too.

I also think that it's going to turn out that the 50 for Tipsy is NOT going to affect the order of standings for the top 3....just the point totals.
    I *think* you have 2nd wrapped up...but again see my earlier post re: me making mistakes often.
    Like I said I *think* the only crucial match was Wawrinka...I think the top 6 spots are locked in now from that one match. I have been wrong before though so feel free to ignore me

See below...I made one too many assumptions
    Actually, I was WAY off...In my head I've given Drop more points than he's actually earned so far (I automatically assumed Cilic or Llorda would lose this round.) Drop should still be in good shape for 2nd if Cilic loses later today though (if Llorda doesn't win the title.) If Cilic wins...then everyone else was right, it's still wide open.
    Actually you may have a chance still Fiercehart...again...depending on my numbers. Here are the three scenarios I *think* are out there - and I have places 2 to 5 all within 10 points so I very very easily could've made another mistake. The top 5 all have Davydenko left - Drop also has Llorda so he's the key.

If Llorda wins the title - 2nd to Mysterx, 3rd to Fiercehart
    If Llorda loses the final without retiring - 2nd to Mysterx, 3rd to Dropshot
    Llorda retires, withdraws, or loses before final - 2nd to Drop, 3rd to Mysterx
    I would not be alarmed about what I put in my unofficial scoring updates It's more likely to be wrong than anything - I would say you should be more alarmed if my update says something good for you!

Thank God you dont do the "official" scoring, or everyone would be going , lol.

Thank Zeus that Llodra finally lost.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadoom View Post
    Thank God you dont do the "official" scoring, or everyone would be going , lol.
    Hence the multiple disclaimers per message! Can you imagine me posting the scoreboard? I'd have to retract it 3-4 times. Medals would be awarded then taken away...it would be bedlam!

Gotta give props to Berdych and Verdasco for both outscoring any of my B group picks (and Verdasco in only 4 tournaments!) Ljubcic was nearly my overall low scorer (missed it by 5.)

Props to Isotomin and Tispy for making it to all 6 tournaments as well and scoring high.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213