Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2010 US Open YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Scores through the end of the 4th Round

Aedra1119 has finally put a little distance between herself an the She now holds a 4 point lead with 45 points.

GreenGourd and Irena2 share second with 41, after he fell back and she moved up to get to their current places.

Charlie02123 and Fiercehart are both coming on strong and could be challenging for the lead soon.

There are still about 6-7 people in contention, but number will be whittled down in the next round or two.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues
    Go Pack Go!

Scores through the end of the Quarterfinals

Aedra1119 continues to lead by four points with 51, this time over only Irena2.

Irena2 has the most picks left, but still has the same amount of maximum points per round as aedra.

Drop-shot and Fiercehart share third place with 44 points.

Usually at this point in the contest, I am able to project the scenarios for each possible winner, but this one has been different. There are way too many picks remaining and way too many people that have those picks. Wait for that list of hypotheticals after the semis on Saturday.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues
    Go Pack Go!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Yay! I totally forgot to check the scoreboard for this contest! I'm conflicted because I have Vera projected to lose, but I really want her to win. Oh what to do?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aedra1119 View Post
    Yay! I totally forgot to check the scoreboard for this contest! I'm conflicted because I have Vera projected to lose, but I really want her to win. Oh what to do?
    Embrace the contest whore in you.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Scores through the end of the Semifinals

Upsets in the semifinals have finally cleared this contest up.

Aedra1119 is still in the lead with 51 points, but she doesn't have any picks remaining. She will win the contest if Vera Zvonareva wins the women's title and Rafael Nadal wins the men's.

Irena2 is now the contest favorite. She is one point behind aedra with 50, but she still has two picks left. If either Kim Clijsters or Novak Djokovic wins his/her respective title, she will be the winner of the contest.

Carlitos2006, danutz, deelighted2, Drop-shot, munchin, and waylandboy-tw also all still have a chance to correctly pick a wooden spoon winner.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues
    Go Pack Go!

It sucks to lose now, but I'm still happy. This is BY FAR the best I've ever done in this contest.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Craybas wins the wooden spoon!

I had Meusberger on my team...would had a wooden spoon winner if I had gotten match one right!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Final Scores

Contest wrap-up will come in another topic.

Good Luck All.

To track your picks

Any questions or issues
    Go Pack Go!

Cilic's upset loss in round 2 made sure none of us got the men's wooden spoon winner - Marchenko.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Nice job Irena. I think this is like the 4th time I had wooden spoon winner on my team but in spot #4. Maybe I just should start doing this and reversing the order of my picks right before I post them.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

My come-from-behind 5th place finish is respectable, but it's not a return to my glory days of the famed "carlitos double" a couple of years back. I've been coming so close to winning contests this year I could almost taste it. A come-from-behind 4th place in YCWJ. 5 denied match points from winning the Wimbledon suicide pool (thank you Kaia Kanepi for choking them away). And now, if only my top picks in this contest hadn't won their first round....

See avatar to put my frustration in perspective.
    Avatar: My namesake. Except Carlitos is an alias.

Quote Originally Posted by carlitos2006 View Post
    My come-from-behind 5th place finish is respectable, but it's not a return to my glory days of the famed "carlitos double" a couple of years back. I've been coming so close to winning contests this year I could almost taste it. A come-from-behind 4th place in YCWJ. 5 denied match points from winning the Wimbledon suicide pool (thank you Kaia Kanepi for choking them away). And now, if only my top picks in this contest hadn't won their first round....

See avatar to put my frustration in perspective.

This has been the year where alot of "virginity" was lost with people (Luvs10s, Natkl, Ponchi, Irena2) getting that elusive first medal! Just hang in there and dont lose hope, cause Im sure you will be joining this list in the very near future!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12