Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

TFT: The THRNY Lounge

Upset that your pick withdrew and ruined your tournament week?
    Want to gloat because you're doing well?
    Want to get so drunk that you forget how poorly your team is performing?
    Or just want to hang out and have a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) or two?

Well, do it here!
    This is the THRNY Lounge!

So pull up a stool, grab some chips and salsa, put a quarter in the jukebox, and have a drink with us!

Re: TFT: The THRNY Lounge

This is typically the only fantasy contest I play all the way through each year. I'm excited!
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    This is typically the only fantasy contest I play all the way through each year. I'm excited!
    Same here x2!
    (Mostly because it's the only one which I remember to do trades and submit a team for . Hopefully I'll remember to enter more Fantasy contests in the future)

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

*makes mental note to win award*
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

A lot of us will have 7 of the 8 seeds this week, so don't expect too much griping about the draw this week.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    So pull up a stool, grab some chips and salsa, put a quarter in the jukebox, and have a drink with us!
    Are you talking to me?

Welcome all to the 2010 Hard Road to NY. Shtexas comes in as the defending champion, and also won this year’s AMITS to claim the last two hard court fantasy contests. He must be considered the favorite in what should be a very tight contest.

In total there are 23 teams, thanks once again to a last second entry of Miles, aka Newman (in TAT chat site circles).

He has emerged from his lair once again after what I’m sure took awhile this time around to come up with a different looking team by at least 1 player from the rest. It also appears that his buddy Scotty chose to humorously enter his version of “Back Roads from Hamburg” team instead of a “Hard Road” one choosing for his team to skip Atlanta altogether and play a bit more on the clay.

There have been no confirmed reports of the whereabouts of the 2008 champ, and this year’s TSIP runner-up, Beaujarkko. We hope all is well and he’ll be back in competition soon.

Here is the breakdown:

A
    Roddick- 21
    Djokovic- 20
    Berdych- 13
    Soderling- 7
    Murray- 3
    Federer, Verdasco, Del Potro, Youzhny, Melzer- 1

B
    Isner- 21
    Querrey- 21
    Hewitt- 17
    Gulbis- 3
    Kohlschreiber- 2
    Monfils, Baghdatis, Lopez, Petzschner, Garcia-Lopez- 1

C
    Malisse- 19
    Becker- 16
    Zeballos- 11
    Tipsarevic- 10
    De Bakker- 4
    Marchenko- 3
    Mathieu- 2
    Gasquet, Falla, Rochus, Brands- 1

D
    Fish- 22
    Ginepri- 17
    Lacko- 11
    Sela- 5
    Schuettler- 4
    Dent- 3
    Gabashvili- 2
    Robert, Przysiezny, Anderson, Phau, Daniel- 1

Good luck to all!

What's with the public name calling of TAT members? Is this not against TAT rules? I do find the above post to be a personal attack.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    What's with the public name calling of TAT members? Is this not against TAT rules? I do find the above post to be a personal attack.
    Really? Sheesh! My apologies then. Just meant for fun like every other time
    Last edited by waylandboy-tw; 07-19-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    Really? Sheesh! My apologies then. Just meant for fun like every other time
    As for why I post my team at the last minute, I have told you exactly why I do that yet you continue to misrepresent me. Knock if off.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    As for why I post my team at the last minute, I have told you exactly why I do that yet you continue to misrepresent me. Knock if off.
    Wow, don't pet the alligator!

I think you're reading too much into this. The contest rules state that every team must be different than the others. Because the teams were so similar this time due to fewer players in the upcoming tournaments that are available to pick from, I'm sure it was tough. I'm not implying anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    Wow, don't pet the alligator!

I think you're reading too much into this. The contest rules state that every team must be different than the others. Because the teams were so similar this time due to fewer players in the upcoming tournaments that are available to pick from, I'm sure it was tough. I'm not implying anything else.
    Actually I had pretty much decided on my team early on and did not have to change it because of someone else's team. But that wouldn't stop you from casting aspersions. Seriously, find another way to humor yourself.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I don't think wayland meant anything nefarious was going on. It's smart to wait, with possible injuries, withdrawals, and maybe a qualifier getting into Atlanta.

Thank you, Mr. Becker, for putting up such a fight today. Why do I keep putting this guy on my team?
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Thank you, Mr. Becker, for putting up such a fight today. Why do I keep putting this guy on my team?
    You really SHOULD give serious thought to checking my team before you post yours...

And then do PRECISELY the opposite.

::

Alternate Post: Benjamin Becker is a total BOOB.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast